Sign in to follow this  
Nishclishbang

Earnie on the move ?

Earnshaw open to Bluebirds return

Derby striker Rob Earnshaw admits he would be open to a return to Cardiff, who he left in 2004, if it enables him to "play regular football".

Earnshaw, who has been linked with a move to the Bluebirds, told the Cardiff Echo: "It''s been a frustrating time for me. But I would certainly not snub Cardiff or anybody else for the chance to play regular football."(Teamtalk)

What about us Earnie??

[quote user="Nishclishbang"]

Earnshaw open to Bluebirds return

Derby striker Rob Earnshaw admits he would be open to a return to Cardiff, who he left in 2004, if it enables him to "play regular football".

Earnshaw, who has been linked with a move to the Bluebirds, told the Cardiff Echo: "It''s been a frustrating time for me. But I would certainly not snub Cardiff or anybody else for the chance to play regular football."(Teamtalk)

What about us Earnie??

[/quote]

Now "Nish" you lovely old boy why do you say "What about us Ernie" ? Don''t you remember he stated he didn''t want to play for Norwich City anymore ? Anyone who doesn''t want to play for my beloved team , well they can get stxxxed  . I don''t care where the little bucktoothed Sylvac Rabbit goes .arrdee .

Yep, fair enough, but did he really say that because he wanted to be in the Premiership with Derby on more cash or because he was really out of love with Norwich - I think it was the former.  Players are pretty much all the same these days - you get your Chimbondas and Anelkas at one end of the spectrum and the Dublins and Gerrard''s at the other, but the masses are agent influenced, and likely to go if a "bigger club" (read Premiership) comes calling. We may not like it, but we are stuck with it, and I don''t think Earnshaw did anymore than half our current first team would if they had his quality.  27 goals in 45 starts in a pretty average City side....I''d still have him back.

Nishclishbang wrote the following post at 15/01/2008 7:19 PM:

Yep, fair enough, but did he really say that because he wanted to be in the Premiership with Derby on more cash or because he was really out of love with Norwich - I think it was the former

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I dont think he came out and said he didnt want to play for Norwich, but I am prepared to be corrected. I think he gave 100% for us every time he played, when some others were lacking commitment.It was a terrible time to be a player at Norwich, the atmosphere was awful but he still kept trying. Could be his motivation to play was so he could get shop windowed but nevertheless he always gave his best. 

Earnie vows to return to Ninian Park

ROB Earnshaw today sent a tremor of excitement the way of Cardiff City fans by admitting: “I will return to the Bluebirds if it means regular football”.

The Ninian Park hierarchy are understood to be considering the possibility of a loan move for a striker whose goal record in a City shirt gave him hero status in South Wales.

Earnshaw’s career has never really taken off since he left Cardiff for then Premiership West Brom in August 2004 and he is currently out of favour at doomed Derby County – although he is starting tonight for the Rams in an FA Cup third round replay against Sheffield Wednesday.

“I get my chance to start tonight, but to be honest it’s been a frustrating time for me,” Earnshaw told the Echo.

“I could play well tonight and that will kick-start my season, so who knows?

“But I would certainly not snub Cardiff or anybody else for the chance to play regular football.

“I think I’m a better all-round player since I left Cardiff, but it would not worry me one bit to return to Cardiff and play for them again.

“I also have Wales to think about. The 2010 World Cup campaign starts in September and I need games to stand a chance of being in John Toshack’s plans.”