Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Kris Renton

is he still injured?

if not why not give him a  runout tonight.. a little team in the cup is an ideal opportunity to blood a youngster...

If Gilks is fit i''d give him a game tonight too

jas :)

Renton isn''t on crutches anymore, although he has a limp.

He isn''t expected to be playing competitively again until next season, if the club decides to extend his scholarship.

But I agree Jas, would be good to see him out there again. He''s put on a load of muscle and was on good form for the youth side before his nasty injury.

We should definitely give him a year or more to develop. I think it would leave a real sour taste after the Lewis episode to let another talented youngster slip through our fingers. He''s still only 17 and with Jarvis likely to move on and Martin''s future in the balance, it certainly couldn''t do any harm to keep him on. I really hope Roeder doesn''t let him go, and I can''t see why he would.

[quote user="Coelho"]We should definitely give him a year or more to develop. I think it would leave a real sour taste after the Lewis episode to let another talented youngster slip through our fingers. He''s still only 17 and with Jarvis likely to move on and Martin''s future in the balance, it certainly couldn''t do any harm to keep him on. I really hope Roeder doesn''t let him go, and I can''t see why he would.[/quote]its about talent and attitude with roedy - being prepared to apply graft to natural skill.   i''d liek renton to be kept on /loaned out for another 12 months.  also, i''d like to see eagle play against bury tonight, although having natural skill and technique in abundance, poor ole eagle hasn''t really developed physically as hoped over the last 2 years.  he is small,which in itself isn''t a handicap, if he has the strength and stamina to hold his own in mens football.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Coelho"]We should definitely give him a year or more to develop. I think it would leave a real sour taste after the Lewis episode to let another talented youngster slip through our fingers. He''s still only 17 and with Jarvis likely to move on and Martin''s future in the balance, it certainly couldn''t do any harm to keep him on. I really hope Roeder doesn''t let him go, and I can''t see why he would.[/quote]its about talent and attitude with roedy - being prepared to apply graft to natural skill.   i''d liek renton to be kept on /loaned out for another 12 months.  also, i''d like to see eagle play against bury tonight, although having natural skill and technique in abundance, poor ole eagle hasn''t really developed physically as hoped over the last 2 years.  he is small,which in itself isn''t a handicap, if he has the strength and stamina to hold his own in mens football.[/quote]Eagle''s also the slowest winger I''ve ever seen in my life - has good technique and can use both feet, but is neither quick enough nor strong enough to make the grade. He''ll be on his bike in the summer, if not before...

[quote user="mbncfc"]

He isn''t expected to be playing competitively again until next season, if the club decides to extend his scholarship.

[/quote]

I think Renton had another year (2008/9) on his scholarship regardless of his injury. However where Academy scholars have a bad injury like Renton''s it usual to give them another season on their scholarship to compensate for the lost season.

Lets hope Renton returns to form as he was looking a good prospect as a future target man.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

I think Renton had another year (2008/9) on his scholarship regardless of his injury. However where Academy scholars have a bad injury like Renton''s it usual to give them another season on their scholarship to compensate for the lost season.

Lets hope Renton returns to form as he was looking a good prospect as a future target man.

[/quote]

This season is the second year of his scholarship, honest. He made his debut last season.

But as you say, the club have the option of extending it a year if there is a serious injury and if he keeps up his rehab, he''ll get that chance I''m sure.

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This season is the second year of his scholarship, honest. He made his debut last season.

But as you say, the club have the option of extending it a year if there is a serious injury and if he keeps up his rehab, he''ll get that chance I''m sure.

[/quote]

I know this is the second season of Renton''s scholarship BUT the scholarships are three years long (excluding any extension due to injury).