Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Jimmy Smith-Keep him Yes or NO!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I''m not impressed with Smith but obviously Glen is...................so thats good enough for me.[/quote]

Yeah Wiz.. but Glen is impressed with Donkerty.... in fact he used the word ''outstanding''.....

A bridge too far?

[quote user="JC"]

Please people get this into your heads - he is only useless there compared to Croft if you want someone to run up the line like a headless chicken.  If you want someone with more natural skill who can tuck in and keep a tight midfield bank of four then Croft is NEVER GOING TO PLAY. 

These are probably the same people who said Bentley was crap.  I rest my case.

[quote user="GJP"]

I don''t see the point of keeping him if he''s going to play right wing because he''s useless there. I''m guessing Glenn thinks that he''ll make things a bit more solid in the middle of the park but to be honest he doesn''t contribute much to anything. And starting with him on the right wing is like starting the game with 10 men.

The thing that worries me most about him is that he has a clear lack of pace and even though he''s being played out of position he''s quite often too far away from the action/too far away from where he needs to be.

I can''t help but think that if Glenn thought he was good enough to play in central midfield then he''d play him there anyway...

[/quote][/quote]

Was that directed at me?

I understand what you''re saying about what Jimmy Smith is meant to bring to the team - I just don''t think he does it.

Ffor the record, I thought David Bentley was a class act as soon as I saw him in the friendly against Mallorca and I''ve not changed my opinion on that since.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I''m not impressed with Smith but obviously Glen is...................so thats good enough for me.[/quote]

Yeah Wiz.. but Glen is impressed with Donkerty.... in fact he used the word ''outstanding''.....

A bridge too far?

[/quote]

I thought that as soon as I had posted it Nutty, but I''m certain that if Taylor was here, then Donkerty would be where he belongs, on his arse on the bench!.

Definately a bridge too far for me.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

A bridge too far?

[/quote]

I thought that as soon as I had posted it Nutty, but I''m certain that if Taylor was here, then Donkerty would be where he belongs, on his arse on the bench!.

Definately a bridge too far for me.

[/quote]

Well it''s interesting that when Roeder had Shackell, Taylor and The Doc all available it was Shax on the bench.

Do you think he has been outstanding or are you another one who believes that Roeder says things in public when he thinks the opposite in private. Not lies of course, just a kind of blind faith where posters can say how well Roeder is doing without losing face.

I would suggest Roeder sees things in The Doc that pass you by.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Keep him;   after weds performance we need some creativity beyond Fozzy and neither Russell nor Patty offer that.   His movement is good and he needs a chance in his prefered position.

Having said that I think he does offer more wide right than Croft does...

[/quote]

That does not say much for Croft, cos Smith offers us nothing, zero, zilch wide right.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I would suggest Roeder sees things in The Doc that pass you by.

[/quote]

But don''t you see? Everything''s Doherty fault. The Second World War was his fault too, he was too slow to stop Hitler in time.

Doherty''s definitely better than Shackell at the moment. How much more does he have to do to prove that to some people? They''re both terrible with the ball at their feet, but Doherty has better positioning and focus. But it isn''t a huge gulf and I think it''s more to do with Shackell''s confidence having been destroyed in the early part of the season - a young kid captaining a hopeless side. If only they could use the ball better when in possession, they''d be very good in this division, but I don''t see that miracle happening.Regarding Smith, why do people persist in criticising the manager (whoever he might be at the time) for playing players out of position when a quick look at his options would make it obvious why. Croft (who gives 100% every time) is terrible at things that you need from an attacking midfielder, particularly at keeping a cool head, and Chadwick is injured. I''m sure Roeder would love to play him the centre of midfield, but he has holes to fill. Smith is doing his best and I liked his contribution in the last game. We need football players, so keep him.