Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

48 minutes!!

thats how long it took for the so called great Barclay to find their voices!! after all the moaning about the N&P earlier this week i think the Barclay boys should look at themselves before moaning about the rest of the ground!!!

The team didn''t give the fans anything to shout about till then so the quietness was uinderstandable!

As I''ve said on another thread Roeder got the tactics badly wrong yesterday - 4 3 3 doesn''t work, no width on the right and playing Cureton and Evans up front together doesn''t work cause they don''t win the ball in the air no where near enough!

Its no coincidence that when we went 4 4 2 with croft on the right and Dublin up front with Cureton we started to control the game. Had we of started with that formation and line up then I think we''d of had a comfortable win so over 2 home games 4 dropped vital points.

lol we sit in the Barclay and I feel you need your hearing aid tested if you think we don''t make noise when given something to make noise about.  You can''t expect fans to sing and dance with some of the dross we have had to put up with this season. Even the snakepit can seem muted when the team are not playing well.

When they play well, we sing loud and proud, unlike most of the other stands who are like cardboard cutouts most of the time, apart from the odd OTBC being sung.  When they play poorly then they get that reaction from the fans, it''s not rocket science.

Would be nice if it wasn''t left all the time to the Barclay or Snakepit to get the chanting and singing going, there are other stands in the ground you know [;)]

One thing the players, manager and club know, is that the support they get from the fans is unbeatable by any other club in this league and some of  the top flight sides.

One thing the players, manager and club know, is that the support they get from the fans is unbeatable by any other club in this league and some of  the top flight sides.

From my experiences around the grounds from our away fans the support is superb at home I think its the numbers that impress.

The problem is we are too full of our own importances. - only the other day on the radio I heard someone complaining about Lee Clark saying something to a supporter!- and we all know about Worthy and Grants comments.

We are part of the club no more no less - and we all support it in our own way.

OTBC

And a happy new year to you all

This is relative to where you sit and who you hear (or not) Baldy, I take it you sit elsewhere?

I am at the top of D/E block and we were singing throughout. Not hundreds of us, but it was constant. From where I am we can''t hear the South Stand or the River End, but could hear the Snakepit and rest of Barclay, oh and the away support.

No it''s not the great atmosphere of years gone by, many reasons for that, some mentioned in previous posts on this subject.