Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

In 1980 we paid 350,000 pounds for Drazen Muzinic..........

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Jack Flash"]And how badly we all wanted the Board to pay £3M for Sharp and £2M for Eastwood not that long ago. That would have been £5M well spent I don''t think, based on their progress at new clubs.[/quote]

Flash Jack.

Speak for yourself.

OTBC

[/quote]

Can''t see anything wrong with what Jack Flash said here Bly...it''s a fact!.

[/quote]

Jack, just that I wasn''t one of those who wanted the board to spend that money on sharp and/or Eastwood, as I recall.

OTBC

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="All in Yellow"]

Nut and Scott''s points are as relevant as yours. So what if we paid roughly a third of the british transfer record at that time, it was a TOTALLY different game/business back then. Pretty much making comparissons almost pointless. Money has been poured in at the top end and it''s costing the rest dearly.

You are scraping the barrel to make yourself feel comfy about maoning.

Now THAT is sad.

I''m no fan of this board, but you just moan for for the sake of moaning sometimes. But let me guess... It was all much better in the olden days when you had to walk fifteen miles to school with one shoe. We don''t know we''re born eh? ;-)

[/quote]

Now now All in Yellow my old friend you''re about to get told off for taking this clever post by Bly off topic!!  But you''re right there is no way you can connect the transfer dealings of the 80''s to todays game!!  As it should happen i''ve got hold of some footage of a young bly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mq59ykPnAE
[/quote]

Very good Faithful.[:)]

Never been to Shaftesbury, Dorset. But I do like your avatar.

And being in bed with a nice cup of tea and warm loaf of hovis after still enables me to get to the top of that thar hill the next day.

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="All in Yellow"]

Nut and Scott''s points are as relevant as yours. So what if we paid roughly a third of the british transfer record at that time, it was a TOTALLY different game/business back then. Pretty much making comparissons almost pointless. Money has been poured in at the top end and it''s costing the rest dearly.

You are scraping the barrel to make yourself feel comfy about maoning.

Now THAT is sad.

I''m no fan of this board, but you just moan for for the sake of moaning sometimes. But let me guess... It was all much better in the olden days when you had to walk fifteen miles to school with one shoe. We don''t know we''re born eh? ;-)

[/quote]

Money has always been poured in the top end.

But maybe you weren''t born then, so you''re forgiven.

OTBC

[/quote]Even though there was money poured in to the top end back then it was spread more evenly than it is now!!  Just because someone wasn''t born then doesn''t mean they don''t know what they''re talking about!!  Or maybe Darwins theory of evolutions is wrong because he wasn''t born when it happened so he doesn''t know what he''s talking about and here was me thinking with age came wisdom?!?!?

I think it is genuinely a sad indictment, but of more than our Board. In those days TV coverage was largely limited to MOTD or the highlights show on Anglia TV on Sunday so money was principally generated through gate receipts and a bit of catering, programmes etc, prizemoney and some TV money but not much.

Regrettably Sky changed the rules. The money all went in at the top, and slowly but surely it got drained out to overseas clubs, foreign agents and signing on fees. More than everbefore all that money goes straight out of english football. You shouldn''t underestimate the effect of the Bosman ruling which put power firmly with the players, and mainly in the hands of the very top ones.

Now, almost the only clubs splashing serious money are those with "benefactors" or those mortgaging their future and gambling on climbing into the top league.

The problem for NCFC was getting relegated at probably the worst possible time it could ever have happened, for around then after the initiation of the Premier League the big bucks started rolling and we missed out. We have had to play catch up ever since like everybody else who missed out at that time.

So the indictment is that, having finally finally achieved that elevation, the Board p****d it away and took us back to square one, for the sake of one Dean Ashton and one solid tall defender from the start of that season not when it was too late.

For what its worth I saw almost all of Muzinic''s home performances. My recollection is that in the first game he showed some nice touches but was hardly involved. After that he wasn''t even "hardly involved" either.  You just never know how things turn out and the more you spend the higher the risk.