Sign in to follow this  
ncfc_andy

its paul jewell

Called in a few favours and it would appear if a couple of finer points can be sorted out (crossing T''s and crossing I''s) Jewell will sign by Wednesday at the latest, but more likely Tuesday lunchtime

[quote user="Mister Positive"]

McCann is head of media & communication at Wigan I don''t think he would say that on Radio unless he is pretty sure.

[/quote]

Just saw this on WOTB so maybe McCann has been completely  misquoted

Remember that rumour that appeared on the rivals.net site on Saturday? Supposedly, Matt McCann, Wigan''s Director of Communications, had told local radio he was almost certain Jewell was going to take the Norwich job. Anyway, I emailed McCann, and he''s just replied: and what he ACTUALLY said when asked about the Jewell-to-Norwich rumours was he very much doubted it. How this then mutated into what it said on the messageboards, I honestly don''t know.

McCann seemed like a really nice bloke actually: his parents moved to Cromer a few years back and became Norwich ST holders, and he was very complimentary about the club: "brilliantly run on the administrative side, with good owners and an excellent support base". Hmm, not sure about the first part of that! He also spoke to Jewell as recently as Saturday morning while PJ was in Dubai, and PJ mentioned nothing about any possible job: to be honest, I''d infer from that that he''ll bide his time, and wait until the right Prem club become available.

Just saw this on WOTB so maybe McCann has been completely  misquoted

Remember that rumour that appeared on the rivals.net site on Saturday? Supposedly, Matt McCann, Wigan''s Director of Communications, had told local radio he was almost certain Jewell was going to take the Norwich job. Anyway, I emailed McCann, and he''s just replied: and what he ACTUALLY said when asked about the Jewell-to-Norwich rumours was he very much doubted it. How this then mutated into what it said on the messageboards, I honestly don''t know.

McCann seemed like a really nice bloke actually: his parents moved to Cromer a few years back and became Norwich ST holders, and he was very complimentary about the club: "brilliantly run on the administrative side, with good owners and an excellent support base". Hmm, not sure about the first part of that! He also spoke to Jewell as recently as Saturday morning while PJ was in Dubai, and PJ mentioned nothing about any possible job: to be honest, I''d infer from that that he''ll bide his time, and wait until the right Prem club become available.

Now im depressed [:(]

That is all well if the McCann thing is wrong, but the John Benson thing on radio Norfolk wasn''t neither were the 2 phone interviews he had and do you not think the main man might have released a statement like everyone else has saying thanks but no thanks?

I''d like it be him but I honestly think that when hes ready to return to footy it will be with a premier club and not a club at the bottom of the championship.

The guy on the radio said he likes a challenge and likes to see himself as a firefighter , also said he thinks Norwich are underachieving , he likes our youth set up , and something about previous managers managing at both clubs , also about Benson putting in a few good words for us . Listening to it you were ledto believe the guy  knows something and Jewell is heading this way . Time will tell though.