Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

1 point off the playoffs!!!

Someone has already mentioned this so sorry for duplicating one of your replies. I felt that this needed highlighting though to show that it''s too early in the season to draw any kind of conclusion. We''re 15th I believe - sounds dreadful, 1 point off the playoffs sounds good though. Both sets of statistics at this stage are meaningless as we''ve played ONLY three league games. The majority of our squad are relatively new, we have a few injuries and a few who aren''t match fit - I''m not saying that the moment our squad gels and everyone is fit that we''ll be top of the league but I''m also not ruling it out (Man Utd are currently 10th with Man City 2nd and Wigan 3rd.) Anyone who believes that the premier league will finish with those teams in those positions is just wrong, give it 10 games and Man Utd will be above both of the mentioned teams and Wigan and Man City will not be in the top 4. The championship is traditionally closer run than the premier league which makes it even more meaningless to assess anything after 3 league games!

The point of this post is to show that it''s too early to start making conclusions wait until we''ve played 10 games people and then a realistic assessment can be made!!!

Abso-bloomin-exactly!

We''ve had 2 good results and one (probably) undeserved defeat so making judgements after 3 games is pointless. Presumably if we win on Saturday we''ll be in the play-off positions again so far, far too early to judge.

Marathon not a sprint etc...