Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Grant: So far, so good...

Am I not the only one concerned about the lack of transfer activity going on in our defence?Grant says "So far so good..." but so far I''ve seen Robert Earnshaw walk out and Dickson Etuhu walkout.No big central defenders have signed for us, poor, weak goals conceded in our pre-season friendlies and Grant saying, "I''m sure as the season closes in we''ll be ready".Anyone else concerned?

If this is it as far as signings are concerned yes I would be a bit concerned;  however the so far so good suggests that more signings will arrive - so fairly chilled and encouraged so far.   A central defender is needed though!

Yes,i have major concerns about our defence in general but especially at cb.I find it amazing we have not got anyone yet.Sorry but the doc just doesnt cut the cheese.also why has ostemboor played such a small part in the pre season??

And there was me thinking that when someone says ''so far'' meant that he haven''t finished yet!

Just be patient, the signings will come!

P.S. Earny and Etuhu may have never become Norwich Players without the release fees, so stop moaning about that or would you have prefered it if Etuhu and Earny had never come to Carrow Road?

I find it strange we have not brought a CB in. It is the one position I thought PG would start looking for. I am left bemused to why he has not signed any one. 2 big centre backs would lift my confidence. Why did we not sign Davenport when we had the opportunity!!!

I''m sure Granty''s well aware of the fact that more signings and in particular a new centre back are required, hence the reason he says "so far".  I''ve every confidence that these signings will be made.  Keep the faith as some people would have said many months ago!

2 weeks ago i was optomistic, positive...as long as we signed a centre half. We haven''t and i am concerned, although almost as concerned as i am that we need a goalscoringf midfielder. And, also after consideration during my time way, i''m not convinced we have enough wquality up top either.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

And there was me thinking that when someone says ''so far'' meant that he haven''t finished yet!

Just be patient, the signings will come!

P.S. Earny and Etuhu may have never become Norwich Players without the release fees, so stop moaning about that or would you have prefered it if Etuhu and Earny had never come to Carrow Road?

[/quote]TOM NCFC - I''m not moaning about Etuhu and Earnshaw leaving. Although I don''t like it, the fact is they had clauses in their contracts and there is nothing we can do about it. I''m simply asking if anyone is concerned that we are appearing to still leak weak goals in pre-season and we have done little with the defence. Grant says so far so good...I''m asking the question...is it? We''ve lost two of our best players and we seem weak at the back. Don''t assume as it makes an "ass" of "u" and "me".