Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

All I want for Christmas

Just got back from holiday where I had the pleasure to eventually read Iwan''s biography All I Want For Christmas.

For those of you that haven''t read it, I do recommend it, it is a fascinating read into players lives & what the NCFC staff are really like away from the press.

But I have one question about the book....

Why is it called "all i want for Christmas"? I was assuming that there would be a reference to it somewhere in the book, but no. I thought that if asked at Christmas what he wanted he would reply promotion, or champions, or one of his kids would. Either that or all I want for Christmas is two front teeth... Or Huckerby... or long shorts.

Any help much appreciated!

Damn good book. Great to read about all the Colney banter.  I reckon it gave me a good impression of old Worthington, which was probably why I foolishly was backing him till the end.

Loved the Adam Drury as judge sections, deciding whether players should have to pay their fines.

Is it just about his time at Norwich or is about his whole career? Wouldn''t mind a read if it involves his period at Leicester. Cheers.

[quote user="foxile"]Is it just about his time at Norwich or is about his whole career? Wouldn''t mind a read if it involves his period at Leicester. Cheers.[/quote]

It''s about his final year at City - when we won the Championship, so it''s remarkable on both counts.

About Worthy; yeah - it did increase my respect for Worthy at the time - it only took another half season of rubbish to convince me that, at one point he was a good manager - but he ran out of ideas how to turn it around, once it started regressing.