Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

What is all the fuss?

A positive light on our current situation is needed!

First of all I have seen smudger saying how bad it is we have sold etuhu, but i thought he disliked him?  My point is, we all in part sat here since relegation talking about how awful the Centre mids were, and how they were to blame in a large part for the defensive record.  The 4 being, robbo, dickson, safri, and hughes.

We now are in the situation to cull the lot of them, for me, true I wanted dickson over the others to stay, but 2.5mill for 2 players we all often criticised and said couldnt play together?   Post these figures in january, and u would have been called a fool, and that we would have been lucky to get it.  Has SO much changed??

I feel most for PG, he was starting to get a team he wanted, and now its hit his plans, as I believe he was finding a saf replacement and defender, now he has to hit the drawing board fast.  But for us, is it so bad??

I''ll tell you why all the fuss,the board must have know he was going thats why brellier was brought.All we are doing is stemming the tide we have made no progress on squad numbers what so ever .You should read between the lines of huckerbys interview then you would also be worried

I agree. Etuhu is soooo inconsistent and Safri, whilst a good player, is just not available consistently enough over a season. I think the money we are getting is more than reasonable and it will most likely turn out to be a blessing in disguise as long as Grant can find suitable replacements in a short enough time frame. I am certain that Etuhu will spend most of next season warming the bench or not in the team at all at Sunderland.

Quite right lobster. When a key team member goes public like this it is because he (and presumably others) are very worried with what''s happening.

Grant has spent the whole summer building the team that he wanted and that included Etuhu. The fact that Smudger and Gissing Cannary don''t rate him is totally irrelevant.

[quote user="lobster catcher"]I''ll tell you why all the fuss,the board must have know he was going thats why brellier was brought.All we are doing is stemming the tide we have made no progress on squad numbers what so ever .You should read between the lines of huckerbys interview then you would also be worried[/quote]Any real facts? No I didn''t think so....

In fairness hairy canary, true I have had my doubts about him, but nearly everyone on here in Jan seemed to dislike him.

My point was that we signed him for 450k, he was poor for a bit, then good / ok, and we got triple what we paid, so what is all the fuss?  as i said grant should be gutted, but i think its not bad business.