Sign in to follow this  
benjamin james

Andy Townsend... what a nose?

Andy was not blessed with looks and I am sure he is our most "nose of Tony Cascarino-like" former player.

When I was 10 or 11, I remember standing in the Barclay end behind the goal, watching him score a penalty in a 1 - 1 draw with Luton. Even at that age I felt he was unfairly disadvantaging the goalkeeper with the sight and size of his nose.

I assume he damaged it during his career in the game? If your a brave player you get damaged! Well done to Adam Drury, despite some nasty injuries last season, he is still some way near off a face like Tony Cascarino.

Incidentally, why has n''t Andy Townsend visited during our centenary year etc?

[quote user="benjamin james"]

[/quote]

Because Andy Townsend is a K**b!

he gets into a few "best player ever" NCFC teams, yet these fans forget that he used to make W****R gestures to the barclay on his returns with Chelsea.

jas :)

Andy Townsend was talking about his broken nose on talksport the other night.  Apparantly the worst of his breaks was caused by Neville Southall attempting to punch the ball clear and catching him in the face instead.  Didn''t state who he was playing with at the time. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="benjamin james"]

[/quote]

Because Andy Townsend is a K**b!

he gets into a few "best player ever" NCFC teams, yet these fans forget that he used to make W****R gestures to the barclay on his returns with Chelsea.

jas :)

[/quote]

I can also remember an incident involving Townsend with Chelsea. He stood on the goal line for a NCFC corner and as he was waiting he held up eight fingers and mouthed to NCFC fans ''eight grand a week what do you plebs earn''

The guy is a complete J Arthur. His "expert" analysis in the TV studio at football matches is pretty dire, too. Why on earth do ITV retain his services?