Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

I told you so !

Time to show Wiz how easy it is to see into the future.Billy Sharp gets back from his holidays next week.  When he does, he''ll sign for Wolves, who will probably match our bid of 2 million plus extras.  He won''t go to Wolves because we have no ambition or because we have no money, or because we never made a bid.  Billy Sharp will go to Wolves because his old strike partner was signed by Wolves last season.When this happens, Wiz will create a thread called "I told you so !" in which he will tell us all that NCFC have no money and no ambition.  In fact, Sharp not signing for us will give him, Smudger and all the other negative smurfs the ammunition to keep moaning about no money and no ambition all summer long.I just thought I''d save you all the bother of reading that thread, and him the bother of writing it.As an aside, I''m still waiting for any of these moaners to set their expectations for an ideal summer transfer window.  It''s been a day and a half now, it can''t be that hard for them to come up with a shopping list of footballers.  But then, if the club meets your expectations, you can''t be all self-righteous and say "I told you so !", can you ?

Guess what Blah?......................I told you so!. [;)]

Oh yeah, and before I go, here''s one of my targets, Jamie Cureton.................if he ends up at the binners (see todays Pink Un) it will be a bloody disgrace!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Oh yeah, and before I go, here''s one of my targets, Jamie Cureton.................if he ends up at the binners (see todays Pink Un) it will be a bloody disgrace!.

[/quote]Yeah, on his part.If I remember correctly, Cureton was the city player who, when asked about potential clubs after being released by us said something along the lines of "I''d look at any offers, except from Ipswich"With that and his green hair derby day stunt, he would be a turncoat of the highest order to sign for the scum.

What the one season wonder?   

I''m not convinced about him at all. He clearly needs a good target man to play with and I''m just not sure dublin will be upfront for enough games next season due to age and being required at the back.

If we can get another good CB in, then he might be worth it.

Cureton was good last season, has had 2/3 good seasons lower down but he''s not been scoring goals for fun ever since he left us, and at his age he''s hardly one for the future.

Not saying I''d hate to see us sign him, but i do feel there are better options.

I doubt he would go to Wolves just because his old strike partner is there . Anyway Wolves have bid £1 million for Freddy Eastwood today which might just indicate they think Sharp is going elsewhere.

"he would be a turncoat of the highest order to sign for the scum."

If we fail to put in a realistic offer for Cureton & he prefers to stay in the area I doubt he''d care much about being labelled a turncoat if them up the road want him.

Regardless of whether Earnster goes or not, we really should try hard to sign Cureton.

Interesting - according to this article the bid was rejected, and Freddy Eastwood isn''t for sale at any price.  If you have 30 million to spend, 3 or 4 quality strikers would be a good way to start getting out of this league, so I don''t buy that Wolves would only buy one of Eastwood and Sharp.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t worry about Scum Wiz. They can''t afford him.

[quote user="ncfc1"]I doubt he would go to Wolves just because his old strike partner is there . Anyway Wolves have bid £1 million for Freddy Eastwood today which might just indicate they think Sharp is going elsewhere.[/quote]

Why not? If you were offered a chance of changing jobs and a good mate of yours worked their would it not make a difference? Especially if you were having to move to a new area?

Possibly not a huge factor, but it is a factor. They know each otehrs game, know they work well and thats a big thing for a footballer, especially a striker.

We''ve got to get Jamie , and a tall ''layoff'' type alongside him...............it could be the combo we''ve dreamed of.

I''m convinced Earnshaw is off as well, so its double vital!.