Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

Why is this message board so dull and deadly nowadays..

is it because of the state of flux at the football club itself or the overt pomposity and self importance of the constant posters who suffocate almost anything really funny or interesting?  

Only a skirt-wearing nancy-boy club apologist like yourself would bring that up.  Do you like CAKES ?!?!?!?!?  Do you go to W.I. MEETINGS ?!?!?!?!?!?  Or are you one of the lunatic fringe foaming at the mouth BORED OUT types ?  I''ll say to you what I should have said to Robert Earnshaw, SOD OFF !  Unless of course he stays with us, in which case I''ll just sulk that we didn''t sign Beckham from LA Mars bar or summing.Oh, in case anyone hasn''t realised... [/sarcasm].  It''s the lowest form of wit, and the cheapest form of entertainment, hence panel shows full of self proclaimed comedians.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Only a skirt-wearing nancy-boy club apologist like yourself would bring that up.  Do you like CAKES ?!?!?!?!?  Do you go to W.I. MEETINGS ?!?!?!?!?!?  Or are you one of the lunatic fringe foaming at the mouth BORED OUT types ?  I''ll say to you what I should have said to Robert Earnshaw, SOD OFF !  Unless of course he stays with us, in which case I''ll just sulk that we didn''t sign Beckham from LA Mars bar or summing.

Oh, in case anyone hasn''t realised... [/sarcasm].  It''s the lowest form of wit, and the cheapest form of entertainment, hence panel shows full of self proclaimed comedians.
[/quote]

I really don''t know what I am in terms of the list you''ve offered me to choose from as I do like cakes and who doesn''t like to wear a skirt occasionally? Whatever it is, I do prefer reading replies like this with the pre-requisite ritual levels of abuse and unconcealed sarcasm with a tinge of hatred rather than the usual turgid stools of wisdom that pass for insight or vision most of the time. 

To answer a question with a question, is there a state of flux at the club?  I see new board members, attempts to get in fresh players, a new manager and lots of dead wood on the way out of the door.  What do you see?

[quote user="shortfatb"]is it because of the state of flux at the football club itself or the overt pomposity and self importance of the constant posters who suffocate almost anything really funny or interesting?  [/quote]

I think BLAHBLAHBLAH may have just answered your question.

Anyhow don''t worry SHORTFATB... you are here as ever to keep us all delightfully enthralled...  you are as rivetingly exciting as the fantastic football on offer at Carrow Road these days!!!  [:P]

[quote]I do like cakes and who doesn''t like to wear a skirt occasionally?[/quote]I note that you ducked the question on W.I. meetings. [;)]

I echo that.....Its an exciting time. New investors hiding behind a smokescreen of £2.5m, a manager who wants to make his mark, shifting deadwood and eventually signing players who want to be here!

I can think of clubs who would love to be in our position.

[quote user="JC"]

To answer a question with a question, is there a state of flux at the club?  I see new board members, attempts to get in fresh players, a new manager and lots of dead wood on the way out of the door.  What do you see?

[quote user="shortfatb"]is it because of the state of flux at the football club itself or the overt pomposity and self importance of the constant posters who suffocate almost anything really funny or interesting?  [/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps state of flux is the wrong phrase, I agree with you with regards to positive change taking place, it''s just that currently there are no real tangibles other than the deadwood being shifted and we wait to see what we actually have to spend and who we buy as a result. It''s more about the lack of positive speculation on this board, the preparation for protest and the lack of real laughs, banter or debate.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

Perhaps state of flux is the wrong phrase, I agree with you with regards to positive change taking place, it''s just that currently there are no real tangibles other than the deadwood being shifted and we wait to see what we actually have to spend and who we buy as a result. It''s more about the lack of positive speculation on this board, the preparation for protest and the lack of real laughs, banter or debate.

[/quote]

Because if you took off your yellow tinted spectacles for just one sec SHORTFATB then you''d realise that there is very little to feel positive about at Carrow Road these days.

Like I said... by delaying protest last season it was inevitable that it would spill over in to this season unless City got off to a flyer and never looked back...

You and others denied many very unhappy fans of protesting last season (when the time was right to do so) by hanging the old ''if we are relegated then it will be your fault'' hat on them.  I stated that it would only be a matter of time before demo''s eventually took place... as our club is chronically sick from the top down...

I have seen nothing yet from the board but smoke and mirrors to suggest that the new season is going to be any different... and like I have stated for many months now...

The first sign of failure this coming season and those in the boardroom will be pounced on (not literally... eek what a sickening thought [+o(] ick).

[quote user="JC"]

To answer a question with a question, is there a state of flux at the club? 

[/quote]

My dictionary gives a definition of "flux" as "excrement".  So the answer is probably yes . . .

[quote user="Smudger"]

I think BLAHBLAHBLAH may have just answered your question.

Anyhow don''t worry SHORTFATB... you are here as ever to keep us all delightfully enthralled...  you are as rivetingly exciting as the fantastic football on offer at Carrow Road these days!!!  [:P]

[/quote]

As your experience of how rivetingly exciting I may or may not be is equal to the amount of football you''ve seen at Carrow Road, I will treat your observations with my usual polite disdain.    

The irony of this post is unbelievable.  

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because if you took off your yellow tinted spectacles for just one sec SHORTFATB then you''d realise that there is very little to feel positive about at Carrow Road these days.

Like I said... by delaying protest last season it was inevitable that it would spill over in to this season unless City got off to a flyer and never looked back...

You and others denied many very unhappy fans of protesting last season (when the time was right to do so) by hanging the old ''if we are relegated then it will be your fault'' hat on them.  I stated that it would only be a matter of time before demo''s eventually took place... as our club is chronically sick from the top down...

I have seen nothing yet from the board but smoke and mirrors to suggest that the new season is going to be any different... and like I have stated for many months now...

The first sign of failure this coming season and those in the boardroom will be pounced on (not literally... eek what a sickening thought [+o(] ick).

[/quote]

Pounced on by who? Non-attending carpers like yourself would seem to have no position to argue or rally from as far as I can see. As for Arthur, at least he knows the crap we''ve had to watch on and off for the last 3 years, but unless he has the financial backing to support his rather colloquial campaign I don''t see that he will get success or support either.

I do believe that there is a more positive air in the way Grant behaves and that the action and business of the board seems to have a new impetus similar to promotion year and for those reasons many of us feel more positive about the coming season. This is not some corrupt board rotting from within, in my opinion, but reasonably cautious business people who are still fans who haven''t really done that much wrong but did lose their way for a couple of years. Also they own all the shares so unless you, Arthur, Cluck etc want to buy them out, barricades at St Stephens after 5 games or 1 game will do nothing.     

[quote user="Grumpy "]

The irony of this post is unbelievable.  

[/quote]

hehehe quality post GRUMPY mate!!!  [Y]

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pounced on by who? Non-attending carpers like yourself would seem to have no position to argue or rally from as far as I can see. As for Arthur, at least he knows the crap we''ve had to watch on and off for the last 3 years, but unless he has the financial backing to support his rather colloquial campaign I don''t see that he will get success or support either.

I do believe that there is a more positive air in the way Grant behaves and that the action and business of the board seems to have a new impetus similar to promotion year and for those reasons many of us feel more positive about the coming season. This is not some corrupt board rotting from within, in my opinion, but reasonably cautious business people who are still fans who haven''t really done that much wrong but did lose their way for a couple of years. Also they own all the shares so unless you, Arthur, Cluck etc want to buy them out, barricades at St Stephens after 5 games or 1 game will do nothing.     

[/quote]

We will see, we will see SHORTFATB...

Whatever will be, will be...  Delia & Co know deep down that they survived last season by the skin of their teeth... they know the score... they know that it is deliver or bust this season... and they know that they have an absolutely massive job on their hands in order to achieve that...

Like I have said many times before Delia & Co are living on borrowed time when it comes to being in charge at NCFC and she knows it!!! 

There may be trouble ahead [li]

Will you be there to see it? Or have you declared somewhere that you will not attend another insurrection at Carrow Road until there are real changes made in the type of protest that is dished up week after week?