Sign in to follow this  
Iwan is God

Jamie Cureton

He would love another crack at making it at Norwich, let''s hope PG has him on his shopping list!

He is still a legend in my book for dying his hair in the derby match back in the 90''s...

Unless we sell Earnie he would only ever be a back up striker as you really couldn''t play them together. If we sell Earnie then I would want a fair proportion of the fee to go on his replacement i.e Eastwood, Sharp.

Cureton is a decent striker but he is 31 and is not the way forward for us. A pity because he is a cult hero in these parts.

Lets hope Gunny can work his magic on him as club liason officer- wern''t they in the same team???  I seem to remember from reading the big mans book he thought very highly of Cureton - especially his passion for the game and his home town club.

Sorry to be pedantic, Skippy, but I think you''ll find Bristol Rovers is Jamie''s home town club, although he does seem to have a certain affection towards City. I would be quite happy if Granty could bring Cureton back here, but whether he would be happy as a squad player is another matter entirely.

I''d like to see Cureton come back here - he obviously wants to. Instead of as a replacement for Earnie though, why not as a strike partner?

You see, my fear is this: if we get a big striker in the mould of Steve Howard, I wouldn''t mind betting that we resorted back to the dreaded ''hoofball''.

Therefore if we could get Cureton and he strikes up a good understanding and partnership with Earnshaw, they could be like dynamite [:D].

Remember the old Man U partnership of Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole? That partnership is surely proof that you don''t always need a big target man, just as long as both players use their intelligence and have a good understanding with each other [:D].

Go get him Granty [:D].

Although I am not sure about targeting Cureton (great as he was for us in the past) I do have to agree with your comments regarding going for a "targetman" striker.  No other word strikes fear into my heart as much as this, for the reasons you describe.  We have spent far too long trying to turn a football club into a hit and hope machine....dismally failing with most of the cogs being well below standard and workshy to boot.

Time for a clearout and rebirth - the words of our song alone are pretty clear indications of the way we should be playing football.  Please Peter Grant, no Steve Howard or his ilk....no time, no way, ho how.