Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Carrow

Agents fees...

Just came across a Doncaster column "Sweet simplicity seals Martin deal". It seems that a good number of the agents fees which have supposedly eaten away at the tens of millions recieved by the club in recent years are actually payed out of the players wages. So when you hear our high wage bill and agents fees used as excuses for where the money has gone, remember that in many cases they are,in effect, counting the same outlay twice. Yet another example of spin and double-speak by our lovely board.

I think you''ve got that wrong Mr Carrow. 

There''s a distinction under the new regulations whereby, if the Club employs an agent, who doesn''t act for the player, then these fees are declared. However, if the agent acts for the player, then any fees due have to be paid out of the player''s wages.

So, my reading of this, and I may be wrong, is that for deals covering the likes of Luke Chadwick, Simon Lappin, Tony Warner are added to the overall cost of the respective deals, but don''t count in relation to the agent fees league table, which relates to fees paid to agents who act for the Club only.

The current rules on this point seem a nonsense. However, nowhere does this imply that the Board are double counting costs here. That''s just your own "anti Board" spin, fellow [:@]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Just came across a Doncaster column "Sweet simplicity seals Martin deal". It seems that a good number of the agents fees which have supposedly eaten away at the tens of millions recieved by the club in recent years are actually payed out of the players wages. So when you hear our high wage bill and agents fees used as excuses for where the money has gone, remember that in many cases they are,in effect, counting the same outlay twice. Yet another example of spin and double-speak by our lovely board.[/quote]

Interesting points Mr Carrow. Looks like you have the board "banged to rights" this time. Could you verify this by pointing me to where the same outlay has been counted twice?

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

I think you''ve got that wrong Mr Carrow. 

There''s a distinction under the new regulations whereby, if the Club employs an agent, who doesn''t act for the player, then these fees are declared. However, if the agent acts for the player, then any fees due have to be paid out of the player''s wages.

So, my reading of this, and I may be wrong, is that for deals covering the likes of Luke Chadwick, Simon Lappin, Tony Warner are added to the overall cost of the respective deals, but don''t count in relation to the agent fees league table, which relates to fees paid to agents who act for the Club only.

The current rules on this point seem a nonsense. However, nowhere does this imply that the Board are double counting costs here. That''s just your own "anti Board" spin, fellow [:@]

[/quote]

It is not made clear in the article that the rules are new ones. If they are then we can assume that the board will stop using the "huge player wage bill" and the "exhorbitant agents fees" as seperate outlays as they have done until now. We`ll see......