Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Doc Out!!!!!!!!

I have been fairly pleased with Mr Grants purchases and clear out to date!but!:Will he please see sense and get rid of the main problem with our team for the past few seasons, Docherty! I truly believe that next season hinges on this. If he gets rid of the useless, calamity, man handling bufoon then I believe we are in for a good season, if not I fear the worst!My faith in Mr Grant hinges on this decision!

Yeah Snakepit! Cuz we have been doing so well without him these last few weeks.

We managed to go 3-0 down yesterday with most posters first choice CD partnership in place and yet when Dublin went up front we didn''t concede any more goals and scored two!

Doherty is no where near being the weakest defensive link this season as any stats or the evidence of your own eyes will show. If we do get shot of Doherty we will need to invest in two quality central defenders instead of just one.

I believe Grant said if Doherty inproved his fitness he could play a big part for the club; that doesn''t sound like he is leaving to me unfortunately.

''Will he please see sense and get rid of the main problem with our team for the past few seasons''

i swear he was our player of the season not so long ago. But i do agree this season he has been a shambells and must go or at best be a sub.

[quote user="Quiltz"]

''Will he please see sense and get rid of the main problem with our team for the past few seasons''

i swear he was our player of the season not so long ago. But i do agree this season he has been a shambells and must go or at best be a sub.

[/quote]

So how do we explain Sundays shambles while The Doc was recovering from his hernia op??

Grant likes the Doc though, doesn''t he? Hs given him a lot of praise and stuck with him. Providing the Doc has a decent Summer and trains well (Grant has made it very clear that the Summer will sort out the men from the boys, he''s quoted as saying "...the Summers not for resting...") he''ll be back in there with Shack come August 11th & it''ll be them, plus Drury in the back 4 as usual, with only the right back position up for grabs-Otsombor probably, word is that the deal for him is pretty near complete.

I did wonder if Jurgen might have been given a chance at CB, that was his position at PSV & I think he would be handy alongside Shack as a centre half, both are good on the ball, strong but mobile-though Jurgen needs a bit of encouragement to move at times-indeed, perhaps we could try a back 4 of Cave Brown*Colin*Doherty*Drury?

We seem to have had our fair share of "comedy" centre halves over the years -who remembers Willie Young on here?-makes you realise how damned lucky we were with Bruce and Watson! One cost £100k from Liverpool reserves, the other £300k from Gillingham...hang about, there might be some more out there like it, get on the phone Gunny!