Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

Earnings

I saw the post about what our players ''supposedly'' earn.

I really think it should be close to the national average salary + expenses. If it was performance related pay or based on timesheets like most of us, they would be on less...overpaid and definitely underworked! Not just NCFC players but all players above conference level (dedicated players...most of whom also hold down a proper job).

Am I bitter? No...just being honest if not realistic.  Anyone else agree?

I absolutely agree with you MancCanary - these players are definitely overpaid....

OK, there will be arguments, such as, they bring in big amounts of money for the club (top clubs) and therefore should be given a fair cut of that, plus there''s the other argument that they ''have such short careers''.

Ultimately, if the clubs could regain the power in our beloved sport, more clubs would be saved from going under due to financial difficulties, a player would choose a club based on likeability not the weekly pay cheque, and in turn, we''d have a more open and competitive league system.

Also, I feel, we would have a better national team, due to the Premier League being mainly home based players and less money grabbing foreigners.......

Its sickening, that, as much as I love my club and my sport, that a mediocre mid table Premiership footballer will, in a week, earn what I have to live on for a year.

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]

I really think it should be close to the national average salary + expenses. If it was performance related pay or based on timesheets like most of us, they would be on less...overpaid and definitely underworked! Not just NCFC players but all players above conference level (dedicated players...most of whom also hold down a proper job).

[/quote]

But it is performance related Manchester. Those who can''t hack it get chucked out and have to find a job at a lower level

Are you trying to tell me that if your company was making a billion pounds profit a year ( the SKY TV money) and very few people could do your job as well as you do it, then you would not be asking for a slice of the cake?

You may not be happy about it but thats the way supply and demand works in a free society. Good luck to them I say. If you don''t want to be part of it then don''t go to matches and don''t pay for Sky Sports.

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]

[/quote]

So - all players get paid the same despite what level they play or how good they are.... and thats supposed to make them work harder and be moviational.... riiiiiiight....

On another thread Chicken challenged anybody to see if our players were earning a high amount for this division, Zippersleftfoot proved this to be the case.

So our players like Thorne, Donk and Hughes are amongst the higher earners for this division