Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

man of the match?

cant say i agree that safri was man of match last night. i thought it had to be DICKSON ETUHU! Now im not his greatest fan but i have to say last night was his best display for the club yet, and long may it continue. what epitomised his contribution was towards the end of the game when he threw himself in the way of brum shots not once but twice. Well done Dicko, now keep it up!!!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Would not disagree. It must have been a hard call to make because there were a number of candidates for the award last night[/quote]

The whole team played well and it would have been hard to select just one.

The keeper had little to do.

The back four were more solid than I can remember since..... probably Birmingham away! The Doc won his usual headers but cut out the mistakes but Shackell was just as good.

Etuhu and Safri were excellent in the centre of midfield. We are loads more balanced with Lappin on the left. He is comfortable on the ball and for me Hucks has to stay up front.

Croft worked really hard and covered so much ground getting back. I think his job is probably the most gruelling in the whole team. It''s good to have Chadwick fit because they can share that position during games now.

Martin worked tirelessly up front and he has the ability to get between defenders and the ball even when it doesn''t look possible. I bet he is a nightmare to play against.

Huckerby is a legend.

I also think Etuhu did well.  I thought Lappin did especially well.

For me man of the match was Huckerby, what a great goal, also such a great threat that Birmingham at times had 2/3 players on him.  Man of the match for me.

Thought Croft could have done better, did OK but I want to see him running at and beating his man more often.  Perhaps with Chadwick back and pushing for his (or Lappin''s) place we could see much more from him.

For me it was either shacks or Doc who kept the multitude of brum attacking options comfortably under control.