Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is that It!.

I just read on the City site, that the press conference was to unveil Mckenzie, is that all there is?.

If so, some people should keep their big gobs shut, and not get supporters all fired up and dissapointed, Its a total farce!!.

Yeah fully agree with you wizard. I was on the Pink un site every 10 mins this morning only to find at the end of the day that it was only Mckenzie that was unveiled at the press conference. It is terrible saying thing like that getting us all worked up only for nothing to happen.

hiya first wiz

well i expected to find out what the seats in the new stand were going to spell too!!

what did you expect, christmas to come early? Despite the fact we could still do a deal with hucks, and he would NOT be commanding 15+k a week, do you really see doomcaster and co going for it?

If hucks is serious about signing for us, he will just sit and wait, he is comfortable at man city on that sort of money, if he is truly serious about wanting to come here, i think a deal could still be worked out, there is rumour we have bid £1m over three years for him, but they wanted 1.5m. What other club is going to pay that? There is rumour he is in talks with Sheff U, does he want to go there, no he wants to stay here.

Go to ncfc-fans.co.uk, many threads on there, you will find a post about hucks and the team at a club on saturday and what HE said. Words of comfort, just wish doomcaster and co had listened before now to it.

Yes, only rumour again, but so was this morning, i didn''t think anything other than mckenzie would happen this morning, but if this share issue amongst the board and big wigs comes off, that is money for hucks, is hucks going to wait for us to find our money, so our little pot of gold can return? Let''s hope so, but we have to be patient, i know, all this is killing me too, but i have had my faith returned to me be learning of how this deal can be done, and it can. Depends on whether the board and nigel are convinced Darren is the one to deliver us prem football. If they are, he will come here. Keegan is desperate to offload him, and even sheff u haven''t got the money. What they also haven''t got is hucksy''s heart. We have that and it could be our strongest bargaining tool. Keep the faith mate, there is fuck all else to believe in now, is there?

have a good christmas, we can still dream!!

Blast! Thats is it seriously?!?
Worthy said in todays edp "There''s a press conference on Monday and whether Leon McKenzie is there or not we''ll have to wait and see, we''ll find out what the script is then - whether it is him or another player."
Is it false hope?
I doubt it.
More likely we were in for someone and its all fallen through last minute, but hats off to Worthy for trying with the resources he has availible. Does anyone else also know of the talk that Delia has called a board meeting? It does sound like things are going on at carrow road.
Still there is a sunnyside, a press conference for any new signing is miles better than a press conference with doomcaster harping on about our debts...

I know it''s panto season people, but really is there any need to bring the show to Carrow Road!!!!! (Keep it to the Theatre Royal in Norwich)

I''m for one like I''m sure you all are, getting fed up with rumour and speculation inflicted to us on a day to day basis from the media on the new signing situation with Hucks and Crouch!!!

I''ve supported the canaries since i was able to kick a ball (some of my five a-side team mates, may say not very long then) but being the offspring of that HERALDO chap i was taken along with a wooden box in hand to stand and cheer on the boys on the old Barclay stand terraces, like I''m sure you all did, being the true fans!!!

I am now a regular of the Bury Mafia touring party which travel around the country to support the canaries and sample the delights of local public houses. (Pub Guide Book coming out soon - all proceeds going to "Bring the bucks for Hucks" and "Cash in for Crouch" funds. Well Delia obviously hasn''t thought of that has she??????

I was lucky enough to be taken out as a corporate client to the Cardiff match on Saturday and be part of the whole hospitality package which NCFC offer. To be fair I was very impressed by the whole package offered. I even sat in front of Huck’s wife (not looking the most happy I must say) and three rows behind Delia in the Directors box. It was certainly enlightening to see the game from through the eyes of Delia and the shareholders, the only difference being If I had her and husband’s money I would certainly make a huge effort in trying to obtain his signature from the evil KK, that singing of “Delia, Delia sign him up” must have provoked a reaction!!!!! Otherwise I think she could be on the end of a backlash of criticism from all the disgruntled fans which had smelt a whiff of Premiership air with our loan rangers leading the NCFC cavalry to higher plains, and a very unhappy NW to contend with (who may even go, if he thinks the board lack ambition!!!!

Well the bottom line is, Doomcaster needs to put bums on seats well concrete at the moment on his nice new shiny stand, reality is Mr Doomcaster you won’t If we don’t cease the opportunity of promotion now and lose the momentum and drive from the team and all of the committed fans (at the moment that is!!!!)

Well Delia get that cheque book out and think of the rewards of promotion for everyone including yourself (maybe new cookers for the kitchens or better waitressing uniforms), and give us a Christmas we will never forget, after Saddam being caught, and well and truly stuffing the scum on Sunday with a Leon McKenzie hat-trick all set-up by DH ( Oh there goes another pig flying past my office window)

Come on you Yellows!!!! Keep the faith!!!!

I think you have made a perfect point there.

They caught Saddam - but what the hell happened to Osama Bin Laden!?

It takes more than one player to make a team, and if we catch Hucks we will have to let others get away.

meaning some of ours?

i take it you mean greeno mook, and if we don''t sign him we risk losing green at the end of he season anyway

and worthy a lot sooner.

I think the original point was that our expectations had been raised with the calling of a press conference so it was a huge let down to see it was "just" confirmation of Leon rather than anything else. I got the distinct impression from the Pink Un reporting that there was going to be something else. I guess it just fell through- but there appear to be several of us who thought that there was more than confirming what we knew last week.

Oh well, another week''s underway in the life of our club. At least its never dull.........