Holy Schmoly

Looks amazing.

A club on the up methinks - looking forward to seeing them play AFC Wimbledon

[quote user="Spilt Diesel"]

Holy Schmoly

Looks amazing.

A club on the up methinks - looking forward to seeing them play AFC Wimbledon

[/quote]

will look fantastic in the conference in administration and empty... look at Darlo for an example

jas :)

You reckon? Its quite a big catchment area.... They''d get 25,000 in there no problem after a promotion push......

Might wander up there myself just to cheer on whoever they''re playing

Darlington is quite a big Catchment area to.. so''s Oxford... And they both have massive stadiums they wont ever fill....

the MK dons wont exist in 5-10 seasons im willing to bet.

jas :)

A bit of a strange one in my opinion.

Yes the stadium is great and they do have a big catchment area.

But, it is Cockney overspill territory and a lot of those will already have their own teams in the capital, plus it is also a short distance to travel to watch their chosen team. I also expect other locals are probably glory hunters attached to the like of Man Utd.

That said football is getting more expensive, perhaps a decent stadium with tickets set at a comparably low price, might tempt them into supporting the MK Dons above their chosen London team.

I know an Arsenal fan who used to go to Plough lane as a youngster and has now given up Arsenal for AFC Wimbledon, perhaps others in the MK area might do the same.

Liked the Block to themselves comment!!

Remember Elm Park? Look waht happened to them.No. Too much money has been invested now.  I helped out raising money for AFC to buy the Kingstonian ground, though to be fair there was no morethat the board at Wimbledon FC could have done. There was not a single council prepared to grant panning either for the refurb of Plough Lane, the Wimbledon Stadium (which would have been fantastic) or a new complex. Not one.So I wish both clubs well.... just wish MK would stop calling themselves the Dons........Stadiums fantastic, hope we play there one day.

MK Dons have almost limitless funds at the minute. Rather than expecting them not to be around in 5-10 years time, IMHO they will be in the Premiership by then. The people in charge have big ambitions for their "city".

Tell you what I''II bet you a tenner they are in the championship in by 2010, I went to see them play Posh and there were 6,000 there and I have to say a great atmosphere. They have a great chairman with huge ambition, and will be a bigger club than Luton in a couple of years.

Come on put your money where you mouth is!!