Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

I've been in denial for quite a while...

[quote user="Jim Nasium from WOTB"]

it''s hope that you always cling on to, but realisation has dawned in the last fortnight or so that we''re royally screwed now. We''re already sinking into the relegation quagmire in a Championship season that has more ordinary teams in it than ever before, we''re up to our waists in it already, and now we know there aren''t enough people playing for the club who want to pull us out of it. One of our most inspirational signings ever, is clearly disillusioned at the state the club is in, as he''s made his feelings public. How can it have been allowed to come to this? We knew already that there were players who clearly don''t give a flying * about NCFC, but more alarmingly Hucks who would bleed yellow and green if he were cut, admits (in not so many words) that there''s something rotten to the core at CR. He''s right. We know he''s right. Anybody who can take a step back can see he''s right. I don''t doubt for one minute the passion and commitment of those who run NCFC, but clearly that''s not been enough. For too long, too many heads have been buried in the sand. "We know best". "It will get better". "We have every faith we''ll turn it around". "We firmly believe that our true level is as a Premiership Club". Lots of fanciful wishing and hoping, but no real action to drive those ideals forward. It''s history repeating itself again. What IF we''d hung onto Chris Sutton after our European adventures? Ridiculous amounts of money was starting to be thrown at the game for the first time, but Chase and Co weren''t forward thinking in their approach back then. We were in a strong position to consolidate ourselves as a top flight club, and yet we bailed out at the first given opportunity. It took us years to recover from that and near bankruptcy. When at last we had the opportunity to grasp future rewards, we again declined. Norwich City are great at achieving unwanted records... amongst them the very first team from Division 1 to be promoted as Champions and then relegated from the Prem the very next season. To my mind, the club I have always loved (and always will) has become riddled with complaicency and apathy from top to bottom. That has clearly transmitted its way through to the majority of fans. When we got dicked over by Plymouth (the latest in a long line of pathetic surrenders) I was neither surprised, pissed off or hurt. I ALMOST thought ''good''! I shouldn''t feel like that. It should hurt when we lose. I want to care. Watching Wycombe play Chelsea last night, their fight, passion and cause for their team and club was beyond question. Yes they got done over 4-0, but everyone gave their all. When was the last time that could be applied to a Norwich team? The club has often called for us to get behind the team. People on this message board have urged the discenting voices to get behind the team. I cannot and will not cheer on a bunch of selfish, money-grabbing t**ts who have no respect for their fellow team members. Those that have no interest in the game. Ultimately no self-respect for themselves other than fanning their wadges of cash at the end of the week. It breaks my heart to see us ride from the highs of promotion to the Premiership, to the depths of a relegation battle and a realisation we could well be playing Division 3 football next season in less than five years. I''m sad because I don''t think those running NCFC truly understand how we feel. Even if they do become to understand, I fear it''s way too late to do anything about it.OTBC CTID

[/quote]

I was always lead to believe that when we won this division in 2003/4 it had the most ordinary teams than ever before, is this one worse still?

If the players Grant has inherited are not good enough for us what else can the club do but let the contracts run out and start over?

If the Board waited too long to sack the last manager, other than turning back the clock and doing it earlier what else can they do now?

Why did we sell Chris Sutton and what happened to the 5m we got?

Didn''t Palace win Division One in 93/94 then get relegated in 94/95?

I accept that relegation is a possibility but how can we be in the depths of a relegation battle when we have spent no time in the bottom 5?

CJF, I do understand peoples frustrations and concerns but with all due respect to you and this poster I think this is just a genuine fans heartfelt rant without too much thought.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

it''s hope that you always cling on to, but realisation has dawned in the last fortnight or so that we''re royally screwed now. We''re already sinking into the relegation quagmire in a Championship season that has more ordinary teams in it than ever before, we''re up to our waists in it already, and now we know there aren''t enough people playing for the club who want to pull us out of it.

One of our most inspirational signings ever, is clearly disillusioned at the state the club is in, as he''s made his feelings public. How can it have been allowed to come to this? We knew already that there were players who clearly don''t give a flying * about NCFC, but more alarmingly Hucks who would bleed yellow and green if he were cut, admits (in not so many words) that there''s something rotten to the core at CR. He''s right. We know he''s right. Anybody who can take a step back can see he''s right.

I don''t doubt for one minute the passion and commitment of those who run NCFC, but clearly that''s not been enough. For too long, too many heads have been buried in the sand. "We know best". "It will get better". "We have every faith we''ll turn it around". "We firmly believe that our true level is as a Premiership Club". Lots of fanciful wishing and hoping, but no real action to drive those ideals forward. It''s history repeating itself again. What IF we''d hung onto Chris Sutton after our European adventures? Ridiculous amounts of money was starting to be thrown at the game for the first time, but Chase and Co weren''t forward thinking in their approach back then. We were in a strong position to consolidate ourselves as a top flight club, and yet we bailed out at the first given opportunity. It took us years to recover from that and near bankruptcy. When at last we had the opportunity to grasp future rewards, we again declined. Norwich City are great at achieving unwanted records... amongst them the very first team from Division 1 to be promoted as Champions and then relegated from the Prem the very next season.

To my mind, the club I have always loved (and always will) has become riddled with complaicency and apathy from top to bottom. That has clearly transmitted its way through to the majority of fans. When we got dicked over by Plymouth (the latest in a long line of pathetic surrenders) I was neither surprised, pissed off or hurt. I ALMOST thought ''good''! I shouldn''t feel like that. It should hurt when we lose. I want to care. Watching Wycombe play Chelsea last night, their fight, passion and cause for their team and club was beyond question. Yes they got done over 4-0, but everyone gave their all. When was the last time that could be applied to a Norwich team?

The club has often called for us to get behind the team. People on this message board have urged the discenting voices to get behind the team. I cannot and will not cheer on a bunch of selfish, money-grabbing t**ts who have no respect for their fellow team members. Those that have no interest in the game. Ultimately no self-respect for themselves other than fanning their wadges of cash at the end of the week. It breaks my heart to see us ride from the highs of promotion to the Premiership, to the depths of a relegation battle and a realisation we could well be playing Division 3 football next season in less than five years. I''m sad because I don''t think those running NCFC truly understand how we feel. Even if they do become to understand, I fear it''s way too late to do anything about it.

OTBC CTID

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m glad to see that the "virtual" world does overlap with "reality" from time to time.....even if it seems realistic replies are still very hard to come by........

Great find CJF......

If I was Peter Grant, I would call every single player who is out of contract at the end of the season, bar Dublin and the youngsters, and tell them all in no uncertain terms, that if they don''t perform between now and the end of the season, a press statement will be given at the end of the season explaining why their contracts are not being renewed - to forewarn every club in the world, that the players we''re off loading have stinking attitudes, and do not deserve to ever work as professionals ever again. Hopefully no one would be daft enough to sign them - and they''d be finished. I''d also pull in Hughes, Robinson and Etuhu, who all sadly are contracted to us for another year, and tell them the same thing will happen to them if either they don''t go, or pull their weight. Then, and only then, can we begin to move forwards.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I accept that relegation is a possibility but how can we be in the depths of a relegation battle when we have spent no time in the bottom 5?

[/quote]

lol nige, I realise you can only see things bright and rosy but the performances on the pitch this season have been nothing short of appalling - the only saving grace being we had the divisions top goalscorer.  We now have a roaster.

Now when did we slip into the bottom positions when we got relegated from the premiership 10 or so years ago??

A couple of injuries and we are in real trouble.

Also I remember us not being in the Top 6 all last season unyet we were lead to beleive we were battling for the play-offs!!

Top post. Personally I hope that things will turn around and i think that Grant does have the commitment and the desire even if the players don''t. Let''s hope that we make it through this season, clear out some deadwood and get going. On an entirely different line of thought, I think it is incredibly bad news that the bottom club will now get 30million for being relegated. Give it two or three years and noone will have a chance, clubs will be going under.... not great

I''ve been in denial for quite a while...

[/quote]Not as long as I''ve been in de Wensum...

(I''ll get me coat)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

lol nige, I realise you can only see things bright and rosy but the performances on the pitch this season have been nothing short of appalling - the only saving grace being we had the divisions top goalscorer.  We now have a roaster.

Now when did we slip into the bottom positions when we got relegated from the premiership 10 or so years ago??

A couple of injuries and we are in real trouble.

Also I remember us not being in the Top 6 all last season unyet we were lead to beleive we were battling for the play-offs!!

[/quote]

CJF

I don''t only see things bright and rosy and I realise that we don''t have to spend any weeks in the bottom 3 until the last week and if we are there then we get relegated. But I do know that football is unpredictable. Right now we are on a downward slump, however if we were to win our next 2 league games a lot of fans would be looking upwards again, counting the points we are away from the top 6 and dreaming until it''s mathematically impossible to dream anymore. Because that''s what fans do!

I feel the same frustrations, disappointments and anger as any other fan when things aren''t going well for our club. I have supported them all my life, the length of time doesn''t matter because whether we are 15 or 50 all of our life is all we have had to support our team.

Where I am different to some posters on this board just lately is that I will not make up stuff to try make the club I support look worse than it is. God, surely there''s enough fact without making stuff up. Wouldn''t you be down on my posts like the proverbial ton of bricks if I made up stuff to make our club and the people who run it look better than they are?

And there is another trend just starting on here whereby people post lies about piswich in an attempt to make them look better than they are to drag this club and the people who run it even further through the mire. Hand on heart mate, I cannot understand any true City fan doing that, ever!

We are all City fans on here, or I hope we are. We all have different views on the players and the managers and the people who run our club. We are probably all wrong most of the time and we are probably all right some of the time. I try never to dismiss peoples views just because they are different to mine but I will always post against stuff made up to make our club look worse than it is.