Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NAME THAT TEAM - Burnley (A) 1973

Struggling with the left back and the 9 letter midfielder.  Enjoying memories of days when things looked bleak (this was our first relegation season from the old First Division) and a bright future unfolded.  We were relegated but under John Bond, we built a new team; invented the Norwich style of play and had twenty years of largely good times.  An omen perhaps?  I could live with relegation this season if Grant was Bond reincarnated for the 21st century and we have twenty years of top football ahead.

Dream on I suppose!!!!!!!!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I''m also struggling with the LB, 9 letter CM and RM. Got the rest though. Any help? :D[/quote]

RM was a Saunders regular who didn''t last long under Bond.  Lots of graft but not overskilled.  An up market Hughes.

First name is a leading character in Eastenders with lots of family problems

The 1-0 defeat left us bottom and I think Burnley was in top 6!

I can''t get the 9 letter midfielder either! The left back only played a few games for us and went to Canada I think. Cambridge is right about the right midfield, he was the Hughes of his day and his name sounds a bit like a trainrobber!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I''m also struggling with the LB, 9 letter CM and RM. Got the rest though. Any help? :D[/quote]

RM was a Saunders regular who didn''t last long under Bond.  Lots of graft but not overskilled.  An up market Hughes.

[/quote]

Sadly I don''t watch Eastenders so am still struggling! I bet it''s someone so obvious too.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Sadly I don''t watch Eastenders so am still struggling! I bet it''s someone so obvious too.

[/quote]

Got the RM in the end with a little help from http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders [:$]

Now just the LB and the 9 letter CM - who I thought would be Livermore but isn''t...

Got it!

The midfield player was at the club from a youngster in the mid sixties, I didn''t remember him as still at the club when Bond was here though! One of the nine letters is a ''

I think this game was Ted Macdougalls debut!

The fullback is well obscure alex, I only got it because I thought it could be another player of the same name at the club at that time, a boy I went to school with in fact! His name was Paul but I believe this players name was Les. Hope I haven''t spoiled anyones fun!