Sign in to follow this  
chwb2003

Grant - Right & Wrong!

Initially I was angered by Grant calling us a disgrace, but then I have to agree with some of what he said.  It doesnt help the team when they''re winning 1-0 to start singing "we''re sh!t and we''re beating you" nor while fans are chanting Hughes name does it help shouting "sh!t" after his name!  We were very poor on Saturday but I guess like me many people were annoyed by the lack of commitment and how poorly we played!  Having said that, Grant can''t go on calling the fans a disgrace, this club would be nothing without them and wouldn''t be where they are today if it wasn''t for the support and money of the fans.  We''ve put up with alot of rubbish the last season and a half and when alot of us are paying £360+ a year for our season tickets, you can understand why we''re annoyed when we see rubbish like that and our team throwing away 3 points in added time!

Personally I thought the disgrace at the weekend and previous was the players, theres no effort, no commitment, no passion and no pride.  They only seem to worry about getting paid.  Grant said against Ipswich the effort was there!  What effort?  It doesnt take much effort to keep giving the ball away so some youth reject can score 2 goals against us.  As for the mentallity and intelligence not being there, its not surprising when the manager makes unintelligent comments about the fans!

I''ll be there tomorrow and I''ll join in with the singing, but I want to see the players earning there money and the manager doing his job!

OTBC

The fans tell it how it is :-we were shit and we were beating them. (at the time)Hughes is shit and we continue to play him.Fans tell the truth about what they are seeing.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]The fans tell it how it is :-

we were shit and we were beating them. (at the time)
Hughes is shit and we continue to play him.

Fans tell the truth about what they are seeing.

[/quote]

Agreed ronbol........it''s a spontaneous thing and rarely without cause.

He was wrong.  To get respect you have to first give respect.  He has only be here 6 weeks and need the fans behind him, not against him.  An apology was essential and he has refused. 

[quote]He was wrong.  To get respect you have to first give respect.  He has only be here 6 weeks and need the fans behind him, not against him.  An apology was essential and he has refused. [/quote]

Did he refuse? I don''t see that anywhere. The only suggestion of him refusing the apology is the inflamtory headline of the Pink ''un which details his initial outburst, not a reply to that initial outburst or refusal to apologise.   

He should not of used the word ''disgrace''. That was wrong and a big error in judgment...

However, there''s nothing quite like our fans in thinking that they''ve been wronged. No wonder there are so many question marks over the effect the recent ''criticism'' of Huckerby has had. It''s because if anyone criticises us fans, we can''t cope...

The answer is surprisingly somewhere in the middle. Grant had the right idea but put it across badly. The fans aren''t exempt from critisism and support should not be conditional on the quality of football in front of you. If you claim to be taken for granted in your unwielding loyalty to NCFC by the board, and couldn''t possibly go and support any other team, then you are verging on hyporcisy if you can''t encourage your team because of the quality they are offering - and the end result can be a self fulfilling prophecy.

This isn''t a good/bad fans post. I''m just trying to balance what is going on...