Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Rossi Jarvis?

The report on the front page at the moment, about injured centre-backs quotes Grant sayings ''Mickey Spillane and Dublin can play there''.well, firstly, Spillane i thought, was a central midfielder?And out of interest, why isnt Rossi in that list, surely he would be more of a natural replacement than Spillane?Who would you personally put there at the back?Myself, probably Jarvis, give youth a bit of a chance, and then keep Dublin as an attacking option, as he changed the game against Colchester.

I have not seen Rossi play, so I don''t know how tall he is or how good his control is, but Spillane is tall and has excellent touch and control. It seems that the club feels his better position is central defender. I would give him a chance there.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]I thought Spillane was a defender and Rossi Jarvis was both? But i dont know that much about our youth team.[/quote]

I can see why you''re confused. I''m sure when Spillane was first getting close to the first team he was a CM (I believe he captains the Republic of Ireland youth team from that position), then he first played for us a RB and now he''s a CB.

It''s good that a young player can turn his hand to a variety of positions but that means you do tend to get shunted around and never get a game in your best position.

Rossi Jarvis started his career in the youth set up at  Norwich as a centre back.  He then moved to right/left back then to midfield.  I think his lack of pace may have had something to do with this.  It appears at the moment that the management team may be looking at the youngsters differently than under the previous team and perhaps Martin Hunter with his knowledge of youth players has identified players best roles!!! .  I know that in Spillane it was always thought he would be a good centre half and he certainly has the size and pace to be this.   I would have to say at this moment in time I would personally favour Michael above Rossi in that position.

Spillaine has been playing centre back for the reserves and I think thats his natural position.  I see Rossi J as more of a midfielder or fullback