Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

Trivia Corner..

How long has the large club badge and the giant yellow and green lettering proclaiming "The Barclay" been on the back (adjacent to the road) of this famous stand? I only noticed it for the first time as I walked past today. It looks quite impressive (yes, I know I''m easily pleased!)

This version has only recently been put up. When the Barclay was rebuilt in 1993 there used to be a similar thing to this - I think it used to say "The Barclay Stand"? When Delia wanted to extend the catering facilities, an extra bit was built on to the back of The Barclay (the bit that now juts out) and so the wording was removed. Good to see it back. They should also put something along the top of the roof of The Barclay facing the pitch, like at the River End where it has "Norwich & Peterborough Stand" on the roof.

I may well be wrong but I think it wasn''t there before the the Burnley game -- looks good on the telly and all that ? If  I remember correctly there was a supporters vote some time ago as to what the lettering should say.

On one of  Delia & Co''s visits to London for the Capital Canaries AGM Neil Doncaster said it had all been agreed with Norwich City Council that the work could take placebut that must be two or three years ago........

It''s been up for a week. Was there before they built Delia''s restaurant. Shame it took the club so long to put it back.

Thanks for all your replies. I''m glad that it is in fact a recent addition - I hoped I hadn''t been unobservant. I half anticipated the response: you must walk about with your eyes closed, mate, it''s been up there for months.

I was so sure something had changed to the Barclay since the weekend but didn''t ask anyone in case I was going mad - thanks for asking Billy!