Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

where has all the money gone??? ALREADY

i kow this topic has sort of being covered before but Mcgleish gave the lack of funds as a reason for not coming here.

as far as i can guess we had about 500 00 of the summer budget left before we sold Green and then Mckenzie, we got 1.5 up front from west ham for greeno making 2 million and then 600 000 up front for mckenzie making 2.6 million now if that is not a ghood budget to bring in two or three decent championship players with one of them being a loan then i don''t know what is bearing in mind eastwood would only cost about 1.5

but from the the way huckerby was talking the other day about he would be suprised by signing ins jan and mcgleish'' excuse it sounds liuke we have more lik not even a million, now where has it all gone???

the board needs to come forward and explain roughly how much we have!!

i reckon its all gone on another hotel or more  flats or something

depends what budget you compare it too.

if you compare it to what McLeish is used too (ie Rangers) then 2.6 mil is not much.

just cos McLeish thinks its not much doesn''t mean the money isn''t still all there.

I have had issues about this for a while.....

We know the club costs money to run....and we know they have paid out for Earnshaw......but

20 million in the red and little for the average fan to see from it?  I''m not advocating a clear out of the board because I don''t have all of the facts.......but somehow, someone has got their priorities wrong.

Just like many big businesses.....the office is glam and the goods shoddy.....and shoddy just about describes the team we pay bloody good money to see.

[quote user="Yellow fever"]the curtains are opening and the light comes in - some people begin to see[/quote]

you sound like an undertaker, are you one? (that would explain your depressing tone)

[quote user="joshmickelburgh"]

[/quote]

You reckon its all gone on another hotel or more  flats or something?

Tell me when have the club ever spent money on hotels or flats?

The money goes on inflated player''s transfer fees, inflated player''s wages and astronomical player''s agent fees. I thought everyone knew that by now.

I see Mike Newell is still shouting about how much money just goes out of football in this way!

If we take your £2.6m as being about right you need to take off a years salary for Worthingtons payoff as he had a one year rolling contract. Thats unlikely to be less than £750,000. Then if we go for a manager who is currently employed there will be another compensation figure to fork out.

That leaves around £1.5m. All guesswork but I bet it''s not far wrong.

[quote user="joshmickelburgh"]

i kow this topic has sort of being covered before but Mcgleish gave the lack of funds as a reason for not coming here.

as far as i can guess we had about 500 00 of the summer budget left before we sold Green and then Mckenzie, we got 1.5 up front from west ham for greeno making 2 million and then 600 000 up front for mckenzie making 2.6 million now if that is not a ghood budget to bring in two or three decent championship players with one of them being a loan then i don''t know what is bearing in mind eastwood would only cost about 1.5

but from the the way huckerby was talking the other day about he would be suprised by signing ins jan and mcgleish'' excuse it sounds liuke we have more lik not even a million, now where has it all gone???

[/quote]1. Why would huckerby have any more idea than you or i about the clubs finances2. Surely you must know that clubs can''t reveal exactly what they have to spend! that would simply give the upper hand to any club we potentially want to negotoiate a transfer fee with in janurary. 3. The board has never spent any money on hotels or flats. 4. You cannot just stick your head in the sand and pretend we are not 20million in debt, the money to finance this debt has to come from somewhere so even if all the money has gone are you suprised? it''s got to come from somewhere.