Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

3 Points From Southend Match Essential?

[quote user="JC"]

Southend are a poor side, and we need to beat them, to get points on the board, and boost flagging confidence amongst fans and players.  To suggest that we only need to win if we want maximum points this year is nothing short of insanity.  I do wonder what goes through some people minds!

[quote user="canary cherub"]

I''ll be going.

It''s only essential to win this game if our target for the season is 130 points!

I was dissapointed after the Coventry match though, I thought we did OK at Leeds and Derby, definitely unlucky to lose at Leeds, but we certainly didn''t deserve anything yesterday!

[/quote][/quote]

JC, I fully realise that you believe arguing about whether Southend are a poor side has nothing to do with this post, but I just wondered why you think they are a poor side. I hope you are right and we win tonight, and I always want Norwich to win every game as they should want to win every game! (I''m sure they do!). but at the end of the season it''s the points we have that count and not the games in which we get them.

3 points ARE essential in EVERY game... i cant beleive some people say "it doesnt matter if we lose here or there, southend isnt essential".

If we missed out on the playoffs by 2 points then u''d all be saying "if only we''d beaten Southend!" there are 46 matches in a season.. there are 46 wins to be had, EVERY game is essential!

jas :)

Of course every football club would love to win every match they play, but that is an impossibility. The point is, though, at certain times in a season a match can take on far more importance than others. Southend tonight is just such a match. It is vitally important to score the 1st away goal(s) of the season, and equally important to gain that 1st away victory to break this awful run the team is suffering. Come on City!

every reply here believes that Southend are an inferior club to us. If we loose they will also have 10 points and they can score away from home. On paper who looks the best then?

3 points for us tonight is a must, play to win everytime.