Sign in to follow this  
ca

Norwich City Allstars v Ipswich Town Allstars

Went to watch the game today, heres my very own match report, not up to professional standard but hope you enjoy it.

Cityangel''s Match Report

Norwich Team

Bryan Gunn, Darren Eadie, Ruel Fox, Dale Gordon, Robert Fleck, Rob Newman, Jerry Goss, Greg Downs, Tony Spearing, Mike Milligan, Cedric Anselin, Dave Phillips

Subs, Scott Howie, Greg Shepherd, Phil Lythgoe (can''t remember the others)

How great it was to see so many of the stars of yesterday but my particular favourite Flecky who has lost none of his charm or ability to make us laugh Very Happy 

He opened the scoring with his 1st touch to make it 1-0 to The Pride Of Anglia 

Minutes later chunky Micky Stockwell forced a supersave from Chubby Gunny who hasn''t lost his eye for the ball.

Disco Dale took control and danced his way round the Ipswich midfield whilst Flecky entertained the crowd with his usual banter.

21st minute Foxy,, skinned his marker and made it 2-0, amid chants of Foxy, Foxy, Ipswich got a lucky goal back thru Goddard to make it 2-1

Minutes later Foxy forced Osman to concede an OG which made it 3-1 and then Gossy of Bayern Munich fame made it 4-1

Easy Easy Easy Easy Easy Easy Very Happy  Cmon you yellows!!

In the 55th minute Bontcho scored to make 4-2 and Norwich scored again but it was ruled offside. GRRR Have to mention Anselin who was very lively upfront, mind you anyone would have been compared to Flecky who strolled through the 2nd half in a very gentle pace, bless him [:D] Newman also cleared a few balls more by luck than judgement.

64th minute speedy Eadie was carried off after a clash with Wymark and in the 72nd min Bobtcho made it 4-3. and then in the 78th minut scored his 3rd to make it 4-4.

We all agreed that Flecky was the star of the show, he chatted to the crowd, sat down when he got tired, did pressups when the ball was the other end and had us in stitches all afternoon. Magic!!

MOM must have been Ruel Foxy (Foxy) who showed that he had lost none of his pace. Sign him up Worthy!! Very Happy

Crowd was about 500 ish (just a guess) of which  10 were brave Ipswich fans.

A great afternoon, lots of laughs, great to see the past heros of both clubs in action, well worth £5.

Thanks for posting this. I forgot the game was on, had to work anyway though! Did Greg Downs really play?? He must be as old as me!!

Yes, some legends there, many of whom made immediate impacts in their time or who ''settled in'' quickly. But it made me think about all those people who have written off the likes of Henderson and Jarvis or last season Etuhu and Robinson and still, Hughes.

Ruel Fox took a few seasons to become the player he eventually was as did Disco who earned his name from having an attitude more akin to having fun than being a serious pro. Dale spent one summer putting in extra training (like Doc) to lose weight and make himself the player who atrated Glasgow Rangers. Goss spent years of mediocrity, mainly in the reserves before a golden two year period as did Downs.

So, give the present generation a chance. For every Eadie there is a Goss.

[quote user="canary cherub"]Thanks for posting this. I forgot the game was on, had to work anyway though! Did Greg Downs really play?? He must be as old as me!![/quote]

Yes he played [:)]