Sign in to follow this  
Mellow Yellow

McKenzie - The beginning iof the exodus?

Hardly suprising Leon fancies a move away from Carrow Road. Over the last 6 months he has''nt really got an extended run (for a number of reasons), and for a player of his calibre  it must have been hard to watch NW go out and spend big money on Earnshaw and reasonable money on Croft - 2 positions Leon would have seen himself slotting into. I think what Leon needs is a fresh start.

Do not be suprised to see McVeigh on his way soon as well. The club took up their option of a 1 year contract - WLY had no say in this. If he did have a say he would no longer be at Carrow Road unless of course our esteemed manager was no longer there. And with the Croft signing there is no way he''s going to be a permanent fixture in the team. So what does he do? Warm the bench until January and then sign a pre contract? That does''nt do the club nor Mc Veigh any good. I expect he''ll be on his way this week as well.

I don''t think Leon''s that great. He reminds me of Nielson, loads on running around chasing with very little end product. I can''t fault his commitment, and don''t really want him to go, but it wouldn''t be the end of the world. Would just leave our already thin squad that bit thinner.

As for PMV, I can''t see us letting him go. He can fill in on either wing, or up front. Do reckon he''ll go for nothing next summer though.

All this stuff about McVeigh makes me chuckle really - it''s like everyone thinks he can get another club with no difficulty whatsoever.  Can I just remind everyone that he was actually on the transfer list for quite a spell last year and nobody came in for him.  I think McVeigh may have signed anyway, given this situation.

If we''re going to get anywhere this season we need good players on the bench.  Subs do not just provide cover for injuries, they play a key tactical role in modern football, and I hope they all get appearance money whether or not they are used.

But we also need players who are happy to be here.  It''s a difficult dilemma.

I just wonder if Steve Foley''s been whispering in Leon''s ear?