Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc

Please remember!...

...during the 2003/4 season (I presume we all remember this one - and please remember all of our opinions & views at that time, going into that season) after playing 13 games, we had only won 1 league game away from home.

I''m aware that a couple of half decent ;) players came into the side later on, that the team grew as the season went on. Also, I''m not saying that we''re going to win the league this year, run away with it etc...

What I am saying is that this football club will end up taking all of you, and me, where it goes whether you like it or not. If we lose on Saturday, and there''s an influx of views similar to the last few months, you''re really spoiling for something not far short of the club performing badly for your own ego. And, I''m afraid, the club is bigger than any one person.

I find it a real shame how divided you all are...

Give it 46 games...

(It would be good to have this comment on the first page of posts until after the Derby game. Your help is appreciated.)

PS. I, of course, hope we win on Saturday...

In essence I agree with you but in truth I doubt that we could all stand to give it the entire 46 games unless we are seeing success. I want as much as the next fan to believe we are going to turn Carrow Road back in to a fortress. I also don''t expect us to win week in week out away. What we need is to give it some time. Lets see where we are after the first 13 games. If we have won an away game and had a draw or 2 followed up by regular success at home then I''m sure we would all want to give it a good while longer before any rash decisions are made. However although I do remember the 2003/2004 season I remember the last 2 too and that is what we could not tolerate for another 46 games I''m sure.

I am hoping for a good result at Derby where we play well and get points even if it''s draw then we are going forward.

The club is bigger than any one fan but I also believe that every fan who pays his money has his right to have his views respected.

Come on Norwich put this discontent to bed get us the results. That is the only thing that matters and the only thing that will please all fans.

Does history repeat itself? We gave it 46 games last year, and each time there was a false dawn our hopes were raised again.If 2003/4 has anything to teach us, it is that the arrival of an above-average player, - Hux, galvanized the rest. Is there a new Hux in sight, - Hunter, Croft, Etuhu mark II? We all desperately want success, i.e. promotion, but some of us feel that we need a re-building phase, like Reading, Colchester, Luton, with a manager able to spot and bring on younger players. That seems to be the only way for a club which is determined not to spend silly money to get promotion and this time stay in the premiership.

I think what we have to remember now is that somebody - and I don''t care who - is trying to make a change.

We''re playing footy on the deck, keeping the squad settled and not wasting money on chancers or has-beens, and moving in the right direction.

This is already a huge change from last season!!

So even if we have a blip, even if the blip lasts 5 games or so, we have to believe for the time being that the ship is no longer rudder-less and people are at last doing their best for the club. Players, board, management, coaching staff and fans.

I entirely agree with you Mook.  As well as playing on the deck, players are asking for the ball, not going missing for periods of the game, thus ensuring that their colleagues have an option instead of "playing safe" and knocking it long.

Whether it''s Worthington, or Hunter, or a combination of the two, we''ve got visibly better over the summer, and I sense definite purpose in the management team.  We''ll be there or thereabouts next May, but even if we aren''t, it''s difficult to complain when we''re trying to play "the norwich way", the lack of which was the source of so many complaints last year.