Sign in to follow this  
Gamera

Thats enough!

Now I''ve stuck by Worthy throughout this campaign to get shot of him, but it seems that before the season has really got underway I just want to see the back of the guy. I''m not talking about Leeds yesterday, although I''m not best pleased about it. More the transfer situation..One player is all we''ve got in. One. Granted he seems fairly good, but when I see the likes of Derby, Coventry etc snapping up players who are more than fairly good, for good money, It''s very disheartening. Our supposed relationship with Arsenal has proved useful...Got any players you want shot of arsene? well..no..but I''ll send half of my reserve team out to other chamionship sides...Just ridiculous. Could we not have had ONE of those?! Everyone has brought in signings left right and center. Yet were happy to use the players that managed a lowely 9th last season. Ok so were not "happy", but it''s a managers job to bring in new players and frankly, it''s a job he''s bloody terrible at. We shouldn''t be waiting 3 years for a right winger, that position should be sorted, with cover. Same goes for the rest of the positions. I had hope when I saw Earnshaw come in, but we should be a side going somewhere. The list of players that we could have signed is incredible. Soton playing today...Southampton will parade a host of debutants with Kelvin

Davis, Pele, Marcelo Sarmiento and Bradley Wright-Phillips pushing for

starts.
Fellow new boys John Viafara and Mario Licka have got international clearance but Rudi Skacel is short of fitness.Birchall to Coventry, ryan smith, oakley, larsson, campbell, higginbotham. This is just the last few days.Worthy saying he has spent most of the transfer kitty, well spend the rest of it then! He''s done it for us in the past, but enough of nostalgia, he has to go.

Totally agree we''ve mised a golden opportunity to bring some decent players into the club this summer.  I don''t know much about Croft but he''s young and so should develop into a decent aquisition.  There is still time to bring more players but i can''t see it happening.

[quote user="Gamera"]Now I''ve stuck by Worthy throughout this campaign to get shot of him, but it seems that before the season has really got underway I just want to see the back of the guy. I''m not talking about Leeds yesterday, although I''m not best pleased about it. More the transfer situation..One player is all we''ve got in. One. Granted he seems fairly good, but when I see the likes of Derby, Coventry etc snapping up players who are more than fairly good, for good money, It''s very disheartening. Our supposed relationship with Arsenal has proved useful...Got any players you want shot of arsene? well..no..but I''ll send half of my reserve team out to other chamionship sides...Just ridiculous. Could we not have had ONE of those?! Everyone has brought in signings left right and center. Yet were happy to use the players that managed a lowely 9th last season. Ok so were not "happy", but it''s a managers job to bring in new players and frankly, it''s a job he''s bloody terrible at. We shouldn''t be waiting 3 years for a right winger, that position should be sorted, with cover. Same goes for the rest of the positions. I had hope when I saw Earnshaw come in, but we should be a side going somewhere. The list of players that we could have signed is incredible. Soton playing today...Southampton will parade a host of debutants with Kelvin

Davis, Pele, Marcelo Sarmiento and Bradley Wright-Phillips pushing for

starts.
Fellow new boys John Viafara and Mario Licka have got international clearance but Rudi Skacel is short of fitness.Birchall to Coventry, ryan smith, oakley, larsson, campbell, higginbotham. This is just the last few days.Worthy saying he has spent most of the transfer kitty, well spend the rest of it then! He''s done it for us in the past, but enough of nostalgia, he has to go.[/quote]Yes, but lack of transfer funding is not down to Worthington. He''s bought in some superb players - a few poor (which most people like to go on about), but at the end of the day he can''t buy players with money he hasn''t got.

In my opinion we do have a good core of players.

I just think the management (Worthy) has done a terrible job.

I think Worthys time is up and we need a fresh start with a new guy.

I would not be against giving Hunter a chance to impart his ideas totally on the current squad and bring along the younger talent.

From reading the reports on Saturday there were a few negative chants, not exactly as encouraging a performance as some would have us

believe. Especially in the 2nd half.

agreed that enough is enough but don''t necessarily think we should point the finger at Nigel.

Frankly, if his budget is believed (which I don''t as the figures just don''t stack up) then I''m not surprised at our pathetic showing in the transfer market. 

Most of last season''s purchases were poor but if you pay peanuts.....

We''ve had a season in the premiership, we''re now in the 2nd year of parachute payments, we made a substantial profit on Ashton and still we''re looking for players for amounts you just can''t buy a decent player with. And we need squad players as well as serious first-team choices.

My heart sank when i heard Jurgen Chronic and Mrs Robinson were in the starting line-up on Saturday. Unless we get 2 or 3 ''decent'' players in then mid-table mediocrity beckons and you can say goodbye to the better players we do have in January or at the end of the season.

This isn''t a knee-jerk reaction to Saturday''s result.

Its time for the board to back him or sack him (and give someone else the money that they''re obviously holding back).

Oh Delia, you''re breakin my heart! You''re shakin my confidence daily... I might as well Garfunkel myself.

I would not be against giving Hunter a chance to impart his ideas totally on the current squad and bring along the younger talent

USACanary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you don`t believe  this is not on the agenda already ?    all the signs point to  Hunter having more  say in the management   than has been disclosed  !   and when Hucks says that  we should give the team a chance  this season , OR things will have to change  .... 

The moaners are starting far to early ,  a fair result  at Leeds would be a draw ,   Crofty was trying too hard  [ I like it !! ]   and gave the penalty away ,   I liked what I saw in  Gallacher !  for my money a far better keeper than Green ,   very important this ... if defenders have confidence in their keeper   , they will play upfield more .

Etuhu HAS to retain the form he showed at Leeds  !  just turning it on now and again  is NOT an option this season .....

On the showing in the first half    I would   say the team we have now is good enough  for a promotion push  ,  where it might go tits up is injuries , the squad is still too small , it looks as if the policy  is to bring in loans if this happens ?