Sign in to follow this  
Sir Quinny

SO WE LOST ONE NIL

The way that some of yu are talking it is the end of the world - please can we look at the positives:

1) Earnshaw had 5 chances created - another day we would have won 5-1

2) There goal was a penalty - given away by our new signing - who was out of postion and match practice - easily sorted going forward

3) Bakke was controlled and our midfield outshone theres

4) Leeds never lose the first game of the season

5) Hoofball only came into play when all teams use it at the end when we are losing

6) There are still 45 games to go

I for one can see lots of positives - being somewhat of an optimist I belive we can have an excellent season - the preston game will be an acid test and I can see us winning nicely.  Come on guys get behind the positives and let the good times role!!!

I for one will be attempting to make it fortress carrow road

[quote user="Sir Quinny"]

The way that some of yu are talking it is the end of the world - please can we look at the positives:

1) Earnshaw had 5 chances created - another day we would have won 5-1

2) There goal was a penalty - given away by our new signing - who was out of postion and match practice - easily sorted going forward

3) Bakke was controlled and our midfield outshone theres

4) Leeds never lose the first game of the season

5) Hoofball only came into play when all teams use it at the end when we are losing

6) There are still 45 games to go

I for one can see lots of positives - being somewhat of an optimist I belive we can have an excellent season - the preston game will be an acid test and I can see us winning nicely.  Come on guys get behind the positives and let the good times role!!!

I for one will be attempting to make it fortress carrow road

[/quote]1) He still missed 5 good chance, simply not good enough for the money we paid he should have scored on that day.2) What the hell was he doing there? but I really can''t comment til I''ve seen a replay to be sure whether he fluffed it3) Good Point4) All the more reason to have beaten them, show people we really mean business, a poor excuse as to why we lost5) Good Point6) I don''t think I''ll make itMost importantly we need to start winning, away and at home, more importantly at home instead of poor draws. Bring back fortress carrow road!

Just watched the replay, definate penalty and croft did fluff it, dived in stupidly without thinking and scythed the player down, idiot! hardly any danger as well

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Just watched the replay, definate penalty and croft did fluff it, dived in stupidly without thinking and scythed the player down, idiot! hardly any danger as well
[/quote]

This is Worthys idea of debateable penalty of course. (if we lose we are either unlucky or we worked hard)

His post match stuff is really what fairy tales are made of.

Who can remember last year when even Neil Adams was scrating his head at the previous post match comments.

God, who''d have thought that you would get a football manager that was biased towards their own team?

You''d never get that sort of thing from Wenger, Ferguson or Mourinho would you ......  ?

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Just watched the replay, definate penalty and croft did fluff it, dived in stupidly without thinking and scythed the player down, idiot! hardly any danger as well
[/quote]

This is Worthys idea of debateable penalty of course. (if we lose we are either unlucky or we worked hard)

His post match stuff is really what fairy tales are made of.

Who can remember last year when even Neil Adams was scrating his head at the previous post match comments.[/quote]

This happened right in front of us in the away end, and to be fair to Worthy it looked very debateable. Only on seeing the TV pictures did it look like the most nailed on pen you''re likely to see all season. You also say if we lose we are unlucky or worked hard, well on Saturday it was both!! Played well, created good chances, Earnie missed them, how is that NW''s fault?