Sign in to follow this  
chicken

QPR Vs Leeds (report)

Ok not exactly what most will see as a vital piece of information but I thought I would report a couple of things back to those that may find it interesting.

I was able to go along to the QPR Vs Leeds game last night as my landlady is away and she left the season ticket with me should I fancy watching some football - which I did.

Anyway I realise that some people have already seen Leeds play but Horsefield has to be one of the worse strikers I have seen, I mean Iwan could still play better than this guy. For such an experienced player he was caught offside at least 15 times in the time he was on the pitch and fouled players when he wasnt offside.

He was totaly outclassed by Matt Rose - one of QPRs less than decent players. I think its probably for the best that Worthington failed on that one.

As for QPR - Cook, now from what I have seen he has the touch and controll of a good player but isnt perhaps as confident to take on the player as much as I would have liked. Infact he showed he had pace but tried to drive forward when there were two players around him and then didnt when he had space and a scampering player trying to make up ground.

Milinaise the QPR left back looked solid - and he is a big fella as in tall, might be worth a look for back up left back/centre back. Good in the air and looks like he prefers to keep the ball on the deck when he can.

If Leeds played like they did on Saturday I think they will be lucky to finnish in the top 10 let alone top 6. Route one football the whole time with Horsefield being incredibly inneffective other than his goal which to be fair was from all of 7/8 yards and a bit of a scramble - looked lucky more than anything else. Healy looked dangerous but was played as a right winger so never got into the positions you would like to see him in.

QPR look as if they are very much confidence bound. If they remain high spirited they can do well possibly even sneak in a top 6 like Watford but otherwise I don''t see either of the clubs achieving any lofty perch this season based on last nights performance.

SUMMERY:Thank god we didn''t get Horsefield (horse? donkey with three leggs more like!). Cook, back up to Huckerby - yes but could improve some before we take that gamble.

No - he is injured at the moment, I would have liked to have seen him as he is supposedly a good "target" man.

Birchem, was good when he came on. Was one of the players responsible for changing the game from head tennis into football.

As for Horsefields goal, lets just say he was incredibly lucky, Stone was at breaking point stretching to get to it and managed to just touch it beyond his marker where Horsefield was lurking and he was only just quick enough to throw something at it.

There was no element of skill involved in it - a bit of a scrappy goal to be honest, I should imagine Thorne could have scored that! And considering what the rest of the game was like. He was not a threat, like I said he was caught offside. Add to that awful first touch and an innability to really hold the ball up well. He simply is not the sort of player we need at city. We need someone big to bring it down, hold it up and play the ball not to foul, batter and wander offside every seccond pass!