Sign in to follow this  
rich

anyone got any tactical stuff on luton

I thought we would start a new thread before each game where we could try and offer any tactical nous any of us may have on the opposition. WHo knows maybe we could all be called upon to deliver a big dossier to the players before every game, mission impossible style. Anyone good at power point presentations?

In the meanwhile I''ll start this is taken from vital football and something to be alert to

Luton shocked the home team by attacking incisively from the whistle and Carlos Edwards almost scored with the first move.

No sitting back like Preston there, I''m sure management spies got this on wednesday but we should be briefed for it. ANyone else got anything?

I saw them play in the opening game against Leicester. I wouldn''t say they were particularly attacking, especially considering they were at home. They were organised, and technically adept. The passing and movement were generally good. They played 4-4-2 with Emanuel and Edwards holding the flanks well, providing good width and pushing forwards with every opportunity, but the defence lay relatively deep and the central midfield was by no means commanding. I think we can dominate in the middle of the park and the strikers (Vine and Feeney) should hold no terrors either.

that''s great stuff canary thinks. I would add the note to look out for adam boyd coming off the bench up front, if he has returned to his full fitness he could be a real handful later in the game

lewis emanuel, new summer signing from bradford city, a good player and one to watch out for.
plays at left back but loves to come forward, hopefully crofty can keep him occupied in thier half.

Have they still got that massive forward. He came on in the second half when we beat them 2-0 last season.  Made Etuhu look like a munchkin.

Enoch Showunmi. He''s been dispatched to Bristol City fortunately. By virtue of gangly-leg power alone he can make life uncomfortable.

I think Luton will give us a stern test on Saturday. In a league where so many teams are much of a muchness( and I don''t mean any disrespect in that statement as I would class us a one) momentum plays a large role in success. They have gotten off to a flyer with maximum points and moral will rightly be high. I would hope that is mirrored in our squad after Tuesday and I think Saturdays game will be a good battle. I certainly think they will be a stiffer test than Preston who look like a team in free fall to me after so much play off heartache and after the lose of a few good players.

Should be a good one tomorrow with us just nicking it I hope.

luton fans desperatelt believe that they need a target man and they are missing nicholls int he centre of the park.

they seem to be like a everton mint - tough on the outside with a soft centre