Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Mental Toughness

It''s your third game in eight days.  You''re at home to a team who have won their first two matches, and are known for starting the season strongly.  You go 2 goals down with 50 or so minutes gone.  Do you crumble ?  Last season we would have lost todays'' game 3 or 4-0.  Today we dug in, Safri and Etuhu took the game by the scruff of the neck, Hucks scored our first, and we added another 2 in 13 minutes.

A lot of this could be put down to the positive mental attitude of the players and coaching staff, as mentioned by Nigel Worthington in an interview with the EDP this week.  It''s great to see us pulling games back like this, as much as I would like us not to go 2 goals down in the first place.

It''s a long season in the Championship, we''ll need this kind of spirit, especially if / when we start to lose players to injury.  I can only hope we show the same determination in our away matches. I guess we''ll find out at Pride Park next weekend.

I think its fair to say that when the 2nd goal went in the crowd gave up when the players didnt.