Sign in to follow this  
NottsCanary

Jurgen Colin ---> Craig Fleming...

Why is Worthy bringing Craig Fleming on with 5 minutes left in each game. I really can''t understand this as Colin is fit enough to last the 90, and is playing really well. The last two home games me and my dad get the feeling he needs 10minutes to get to pace with the game and is causing problems when we are hanging on, which we normally are!!

He came on and headed a long ball straight across the edge of the area from which they nearly scored against Luton. Worthy may be trying to run the clock a bit but i dont think changing the defence is the option when you are trying to hold onto a lead... thoughts?

I guess he might be expecting that a loosing team could resort to a desparate long ball style in the last 10 minutes and that Flem is better at dealing with that than Colin.

Also in Iwan''s book he often refers to Worthington bringing him on for a couple of minutes at the end of games so he could get his apparence / win bonus. You could say that the same thing is happening with Earnie and McKenzie this season as well.

Whilst Colin works very well with Croft (although perhaps too reluctatnt at times to cross the ball himself) he still looks very flaky defensively.

Fleming is being brought on for his experience - nothing else.

To suggest Worthy has any other motive is ridiculous.

agree with fillet that colin has gelled impressively with crofty, but defensively he''s not quite there yet for me, he doesn''t seem to get close enough to the opposition.   when luton  came at us in the last 15  mins, i felt also that bringing flem on to tighten up would be a good move - however, i was sad to see flems pace has deteriorated further imo since last season, in one move he was easily turned and outran, which was slightly worrying.  hopefully, colin will show further improvement as the season progresses and realise his potential under hunters/worthy''s stewardship.