Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Lets be hearing from the club as to who we want.

Selling again and that’s fine by me as far as the player is concerned as he was over rated in my view. What I''m interested in, is hearing from the club in the form of Mr Doncaster and Mr Worthington as to what our intentions are in the transfer market before the deadline. The club has, due to some satisfactory results been able to get away with our lack of transfer action. However with money now coming back in to the club combined with the promise by the club of more transfers than we have had ,what are we looking to do. Striker Striker Striker. We should be making that our main aim. I would consider anything other that the purchase of a player with the green money to be another betrayal by the club to the fans. After all we have be told all closed season we are looking to add to the squad not sell. That would surely indicate that the green sale would be a tactical move to raise funds to bring in a more valuable asset . If that is not the case the I think we have a right to be told.

[quote]...another betrayal by the club to the fans...[/quote]

And I would consider that anyone using language like that should be seen to be what they are, emotional blackmailers.

The deadline for transfers is August 31st.  Let''s wait and see...

Sorry Hradhouse have to disagree on that one. There is a big difference between sound business sense and settling fans'' curiousity.

What wishy washy lily livered world do you live in man. Language like that. Lets wait and see. Why buy anyone at all lets just plod along like we are. I owe the club nothing I have paid in my money to the club for years. I will have my own expectations and you have yours. Emotional blackmail don''t make me laugh.

HH44.

Who cares what the club say?? It''s who they actually bring in that matters, not keeping the likes of you and your "the club have let us all down" brigade happy for a few more days.

Yeah great idea, so all the clubs go hang on, if they''re buying we''ll raise our prices a little..

[quote]I owe the club nothing I have paid in my money to the club for years[/quote]

And what exactly do you think the club owes you ?  You pay your money to watch football.  That is the end of your commitment to the club, and their commitment to you.

I''d be happy to see players come in, if they''ve been scouted, considered to be better than the players we already have, and bought for a price that is reasonable.

I''d be unhappy to see fan protests just because people like you think the "club have let us down" by not spending the money on any old goon, especially when we already have a settled team that is performing well.

[quote user="Mook"]

HH44.

Who cares what the club say?? It''s who they actually bring in that matters, not keeping the likes of you and your "the club have let us all down" brigade happy for a few more days.

[/quote]

I don''t feel the club has let me down. Far from it. After 21 years of going week in week my expectation are low at best. I however have the gumption to question the club, it''s own ambition and it commitment to follow up the statements it issues. I love my football and for my sins I support Norwich. Why cos that where I come from. I don''t think the club owes me anything but summarily after 21 years of renewing my season ticket I don''t owe them jack either. If you think that you club give two shiny S**ts about you me or any other fan on here then your living in cloud cuckoo land. What we are doing once again is selling, all I want to know is are we buying or not. That is not something I expect to get a personal phone call about it just something I would like to know. Who we bring isn''t up to you me or any other poor bugger who follows our team. If it was we''d have watched Chris Sutton play Saturday. I was told by the club we were getting 3 or 4 new players we got 1. We had 2 home wins and everything rosy according in all the rose coloured blinker wearing brigade. Well I’ve watched enough football over the year not to get to carried away by that. And if you think you glib comments about me being a member of the “club has let me down brigade” are in anyway going to change my opinion of our club how its run or what they really think of the fans you way off the mark. Football fan have no say in the running of their club. The only thing you have is your opinion. At lest mine are my own yours sound like it comes from Mr Worthington / Mr Doncaster but hey that fine. After all I’m not telling you what to think or say.

Hardhouse,

You talk about betrayal by the club in your original post by not using money wisely. Do you not think that you are being let down by this betrayal?

Or did you by your season ticket on the understanding that you would be betrayed and therefore don''t feel let down, because you say you have not been let down in your second post.

Then potentially, you could be the one not using your money wisely.

Slightly confused.

I think we`d all like to be in on the clubs  buying plans Hardhouse !    any idea  how complicated buying players are these days ?  I would guess even the club  has only a vague idea  if the approaches they`ve undoubtably  made already , are going to come to fruition !  we have  agents [ vultures ]  shuffling the pack , and yakking with each  about who gets the best deal , and clubs managers   also trying for the best deal  , and players trying to get the best deal !   satisfying all the different factions   can`t be easy !    if Nigel walks around with a big placard , that states, to all and sundry  ,   who he wants , and how much he`s prepared to pay  ..........   ?? 

I think HH44 makes a valid point- if the club state that they are looking to bring in players and then just sell they should explain themselves. As to when they inform us that''s the tough call because obviously we don''t want the selling club to inflate a price, but I can''t see that happening just because an article might be "placed" in the pink''un or another paper- it will happen as soon as worthy picks up the phone.

I would also love to know what their plans are- sell our major asset is only good business if, like Southampton, the money is reinvested wisely and for us that means another striker and left back or utility player. Our squad still looks bare of quality cover to me so I too would like to know whether we can realistically expect some fresh blood to supplement the good start and excellent fresh footballing approach that Hunter/Worthy has implemented.