Sign in to follow this  
Tom M

Time to spend some proper money

You don''t get anything for nothing and it is time the club stopped putting in ridiculous offers in for players and actually took the plunge and spent some dosh. Offers such as £300,000 for Lee are just stupid, he went for £700,000 more. I realise we don''t have much to spend but unless we spend some proper money on a decent striker we will be playing Crewe, Walsall etc again next year. A season long loan deal could be a short term answer and when Elvis got going in the second half this evening he looked like he might actually be capable of scoring a few goals in this division.

With Zema out for the season, Rivers out for a month at a guess, The Big Man to old to play every match and the same reason goes for Jarvis and Henederson but they are obviously to young and Nielsen gone. That means we are utimatley left with McVeigh and we can''t pin all are hopes on him, that is simply unfair and unrealistic.

I reckon we try and get Elvis for the season and carry on the search for a permanent replacement. A couple of names to throw into the ring could be Darren Huckerby or Ricardo Fuller, preferably both!!

If he thought Elvis Hammond showed potential then I sincerely hope not LinkNR9.

No, Jonzey, I was referring to the suggestion that Tom made about getting Darren here, way back at the start of the season. His ''Player of the Season'' award today just goes to show that Hucks and the Canaries was a marriage made in heaven!!