Sign in to follow this  
komakino

Green v Gallacher

Who would you start next season...?

If Green has the perennial problem of no club ultimatlely wishing to take the risk on him over the summer for decent money, would you play a ''keeper who has ''wanted away'' for some time now and has had two indifferent seasons - or play someone with a point to prove?

Gallacher proved a more than an able deputy at the end of last season, and begged the question of why he hadn''t been given the chance earlier? Worthy''s continued support of Green - when he would of been better off dropping him for the benefit of the club and himself - ultimately hasn''t done anyone any favours.

Rob Green is a good keeper, but I believe that it would be in everybodys interest if he moved on - assuming someone will take him. There is little point playing someone who doesn''t want to be here, so best to look to the future I say...

Really the sit-u-ashun is that as long as Greeno wants to be here he will probably always be the number 1. I personally believe we should cash in on him this summer as i believe Gallacher is worthy replacement. However though, as you say, it would be interesting to see if anyone will want Greeno and how much they would be willing to pay.

Maybe not in the best interests of England but if both James and Robinson got injured and Greeno played some real blinders in the World Cup he''d surely have someone after him : D Of course that won''t happen but its the only way I can see him going because clubs will have seen his performances this season and think "maybe we could do better". We''re stuck with him sadly I feel.

How can you say we''re stuck with him? I''d love it if we were ''stuck'' with an entire squad full of players who are heading to the World Cup instead of some of the jokers we''ve got at the moment...

Would like to keep Greeno but I think Gallacher showed that he would be a worthy replacement in the last few games of last season - particularly in his distribution.