Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Have you noticed?

How in Delia words ''our best young manager in the country '' has not been linked with one single managers vacancy of late.

Now I wonder why that is?.

1. He''s not young

2. You''re a moaning old minnie who could pick fault with anything.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

How in Delia words ''our best young manager in the country '' has not been linked with one single managers vacancy of late.

[/quote]

Nor has Mourinho or Wenger - I find that even more strange!!!

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What an awful attempt to deflect and dismiss the truth CFE.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Wiz may be a ''moaning old minnie'', but he''s absolutely correct.

[/quote]

Correct in what, exactly? In making a pointless assertion that our manager hasn''t been linked in the media with jobs at much bigger clubs?  Well what a shock...the fact is that just about 99% of managers haven''t been linked with any of the vacancies, including almost all the managers in this division. Prem sides want proven Prem managers or the equivalent.  This is neither a surprise nor anything to get excitied about, surely?

I''m sure any one of us could come up with an equally bland but true statement on a daily basis, but just can''t be bothered.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

Correct in what, exactly? In making a pointless assertion that our manager hasn''t been linked in the media with jobs at much bigger clubs?  Well what a shock...the fact is that just about 99% of managers haven''t been linked with any of the vacancies, including almost all the managers in this division. Prem sides want proven Prem managers or the equivalent.  This is neither a surprise nor anything to get excitied about, surely?

I''m sure any one of us could come up with an equally bland but true statement on a daily basis, but just can''t be bothered.

[/quote]

Dowie has been linked, Peter Taylor has been linked...  The only job worthy was linked to was the Sheffield Wednesday job, and he used that to get a big fat payrise for playing left backs in central midfield......

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

spot on

[/quote]

[/quote]

So do I, why on earth dont Charlton try to get Morinho

I hadn''t actually seen Taylor linked with any post but Dowie will be linked with anything and everything now that Palace are out of the playoffs - but two managers being linked with vacant posts is hardly a huge proportion out of 24 sides in the division. 

The fact remains that Worthy is seemingly not linked with these posts, but nor are the vast majority of others eg Hoddle, Adams, Jones, Gradi, Newell - off the top of my head - all managing in the division, all of them pretty good and well respected to varying degrees, but seemingly not considered for the top jobs (I guess Royle could be added in the list too but I''ve always thought he was overrrated).

[/quote]

[/quote]

get your facts straight, Wenger was linked with England.....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I hadn''t actually seen Taylor linked with any post but Dowie will be linked with anything and everything now that Palace are out of the playoffs - but two managers being linked with vacant posts is hardly a huge proportion out of 24 sides in the division. 

The fact remains that Worthy is seemingly not linked with these posts, but nor are the vast majority of others eg Hoddle, Adams, Jones, Gradi, Newell - off the top of my head - all managing in the division, all of them pretty good and well respected to varying degrees, but seemingly not considered for the top jobs (I guess Royle could be added in the list too but I''ve always thought he was overrrated).

[/quote]

not true - newell has been linked to many posts, Joe royle has an fa cup win, kept oldham in the prem, and 4 promotions along with 3 play-offs acheived, not bad. Gradi doesnt want to leave.  Hoddle is overrated, Adams is a championship level manager (doing a better job than worthy mind)