Sign in to follow this  
Oso Butch

You've got to be prepared to be as innovative as you can if you are going to get to where you aspire to be...

...  in January I put my fantasy football head on and planned for both the Premiership and the Championship - tactically, technically and financially - I''ve tried to cover all the aspects".  Adrian Boothroyd - yesterday.

If only we had a manager like that....

They''re out there, Delia.  You and your mates just need to be willing to look... [8o|]

Yep, the "Play-off" tie between Wolves and Ipswich and penalty shoot-outs were good ideas, although both were given to him by CLive Woodward from what I have heard (Certainly the shoot-out idea anyway). At least he is willing to try new ideas, something which Southampton wouldnt embrace, and having read about Clives methods its their loss.

My favourite part of that article was,

"I told the players, the chairman and the board in July that I was looking for automatic promotion, and the play-offs as a minimum, so we''ve achieved the minimum of my expectations and now it''s time to finish the job,'' said Boothroyd.

I wonder if Nigel said the same??

its not just that they are out there, its the fact that he was here!

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

"I told the players, the chairman and the board in July that I was looking for automatic promotion, and the play-offs as a minimum, so we''ve achieved the minimum of my expectations and now it''s time to finish the job,'' said Boothroyd.

[/quote]

He may well have said the same, Saint C (and charmed the Board by doing so) - but Boothroyd has the competence and the tactical skill to actually deliver it.  Quite a key difference really... [:''(]

[quote user="Oso Butch"][quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

He may well have said the same, Saint C (and charmed the Board by doing so) - but Boothroyd has the competence and the tactical skill to actually deliver it.  Quite a key difference really... [:''(]

[/quote]

Palace 0 - Watford 3.  I rest my case, m''Lud... [;)]