Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

How Many Players are good enough in our squad

How Many current players have the ability to be playing in a good championship squad.

In my opinion

Yes - GreenShackall, Doherty,Drury, Safri, Huckerby, Mcveigh, Earnshaw (players in bold are good enough to be first choice, others should be squad players.

Maybe - Louis-jean, the other keepers, all the youngsters, ryan jarvis, henderson, johansen,

No -  Colin, Hughes, etuhu, robinson, thorne, mckenzie (sorry), charlton, rehman, jarret, fleming

I will take four categorys for this

Regular First Teamers

Green Shackell The Doc, Drury, Safri (Pre-african nations) Hux 

In the first team mixup

Mcveigh Earnshaw, Colin (back to pre-ncfc form)  Johansson

In the squad

Louis Jean, Gallgaher, Etuhu (Pre-Norwich) Leon, Jarvis x 2

Out of the back door

thorne Rehman jarret, robinson

Around in the squad as a short-term measure

Charlton, Flem (One more season max as squad players)

Sent to Ipswich

Hughes, Henderson

I think i''ve included most people there i haven''t commented on any

youngesters other than the jarvis'' as i dont go to reserve matches so

havent'' seen them play

Worth keepig for the first team are Green, Shackell, Drury, Hux, Safri, McVeigh and Earnshaw.

Worth keeping for squad are Doherty, Jarvis, youngsters, Joe Lewis and maybe Etuhu (simply because we are short on numbers.)

the rest are all rubbish

IMO, we got alot of work to do.

I think there is a decent back bone in place in the club. Green, Doherty, Drury , Huckerby and Earnshaw all are great players that we should be looking to build a team around.

Ryan and Rossi Jarvis, Spillane and Lewis are all fantastic talents which should be used as squad players.

McKenzie is a useful grafter to have on the subs bench. Safri is also a talented player, but a liability in terms of his injuries and such like. I would look to keep them two. Gallacher is also I think good enough for sub keeper. Shackell is a great defender, but is very inconsistent.

The rest I would be happy enough to see leave. Our midfield is shockingly poor, our squad depth is scarily small, and the right flank still remains unsorted.

Sorry, but after trying to claim that Mckenzie is not good enough, you have lost all credibility with anyone with an ounce of footballing sense.  Rehman?  Loanee with hardly a chance to prove himself.  On what did you base that he is not good enough?  Colin?  Pacey, aggressive, and totally destroyed by Worthingtons management of him.  Again, on what do you base your view? 

Louis Jean??  He was not good enough for Forest, so how on earth do you rate him a ''maybe''?   Johansen?  You mean the loan guy played out of position, but when played up front has an obvious to anyone quality about him and offers something we currently do not have at the club?

Safri, if fit, could get into any team in that division week in and week out.  Simple as that.  Mcveigh?  A great little player with skill and vision we have rarely utilised, because worthington is to busy bashing him because he does not like him.

Opinion is one thing, but at least back it up with some substance to prove it.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

How Many current players have the ability to be playing in a good championship squad.

In my opinion

Yes - GreenShackall, Doherty,Drury, Safri, Huckerby, Mcveigh, Earnshaw (players in bold are good enough to be first choice, others should be squad players.

Maybe - Louis-jean, the other keepers, all the youngsters, ryan jarvis, henderson, johansen,

No -  Colin, Hughes, etuhu, robinson, thorne, mckenzie (sorry), charlton, rehman, jarret, fleming

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Sorry, but after trying to claim that Mckenzie is not good enough, you have lost all credibility with anyone with an ounce of footballing sense.  Rehman?  Loanee with hardly a chance to prove himself.  On what did you base that he is not good enough?  Colin?  Pacey, aggressive, and totally destroyed by Worthingtons management of him.  Again, on what do you base your view? 

Louis Jean??  He was not good enough for Forest, so how on earth do you rate him a ''maybe''?   Johansen?  You mean the loan guy played out of position, but when played up front has an obvious to anyone quality about him and offers something we currently do not have at the club?

Safri, if fit, could get into any team in that division week in and week out.  Simple as that.  Mcveigh?  A great little player with skill and vision we have rarely utilised, because worthington is to busy bashing him because he does not like him.

Opinion is one thing, but at least back it up with some substance to prove it.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

In my opinion

[/quote][/quote]

Leaving Safri of the first choice list was an error. I also rate him very highly. Mckenzie works hard but lacks quality perhaps could be a squad player though i suppose. My maybe list is for players who have had next to no chance to prove themselves but have showed some quality. You hace contradicted yourself by completely. You said rehman hasnt had a chance to prove himself so i dont have a reason to say he isnt good enough. Yet, you discard Lois-jean when he hasnt had a chance. Rehman looked dodgy bar his 1st game, i was suprised at the signing of louis jean but am prepared to give him a chance and Colin has also had a chance but failed to impress.

Our squad is undoubtadly very short on quality at the moment. In fact, I would go so far as to say this season''s transfer dealings have put it back years. Why on God''s earth the board just fall over backwards to sanction any signing Worthington wants is beyond me. Why isn''t there someone on the board or in the club who effectively vetos the quality of the signings before we make them? Surely all businesses worth their salt have Quality Management Systems? Where''s ours? We just sign dross after dross - not fit to fill the boots of the guys who preceded them.

Out of the door with a sharp kick up their backsides would be: Thorne (utterly useless); Robinson (why buy him?!); Etuhu; Hughes; Henderson (never going to make it, if he was he would''ve done so by now); Charlton (going anyway); Rehman (looked appalling at Palace); Jarratt.

The one''s I would definitely keep would include: Huckerby; Green; McKenzie; Earnshaw; McVeigh; Safri; Doherty (does a job); Drury; Lewis; Rossi Jarvis and the other youngsters; might be worth signing Johannson.

Useful squad players would include: Fleming; Gallacher.

And the one''s who in my opinion remain to convince me they have a future at Championship level: Shackell (needs to do it every week people); Colin (played for PSV - but so what, I''m sure we could all list hundreds ex youngsters from Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal who turned out to be rubbish ); Ryan Jarvis (last chance saloon - must stay fit and start scoring); Louis Jean (we''re not a charity - get fit or get out).

Personally I''ve come to the conclusion there is no forward planning at all going on in our club. It''s all knee-jerk reactions - phoning round to see who''s available for sale or loan, and getting who we can, rather than careful targetting and planning in advance.