Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Honestly its true City to boost squad size

See below for latest gem from Football Rumours

Norwich have had a double bid excepted of 3million for Crewe pairing Billy Jones and David Vaughan. The Canaries are also chasing Kieth Foley, Dean Lewington, Paul Reid, Chris Shuker, Matt Jarvis, Sean Thornton, Joeu Gudjonsson, Darius Henderson and Greg Halford.

What a crackpot an extra 11 bodies for Nige to manage in inverted commas.   

the rumours on that site can be quite reliable and a load of bull so you have to look at each one on their merits. i think that there is every chance that we could see a big boost in numbers, but that would also be reflected in the outgoings.

i''ve been trying to work out for a damn long time what the board are actually thinking in keeping nige. The only thing that i can come up with is that the board blame the players and not the manager. with this in mind it wouldnt surprise me to see many come and go.

we know that charlton will go, as will probably ward, green, gallacher - that in itself would free up a heck of a load of wages. fleming always said that he wanted to end his career with oldham and he doesnt really have a hope of getting int he first team next season.

many people saw Hucks as the trouble maker in the dressing room, if worthy thinks this Hucks could well be on his way. I''m no huckerby fan, sure what he potentially offers is match winning, but his weaknesses lead to an imbalanced team and match losing tendancies in not tracking back. his form and confidence has dipped significantly int he past two seasons. His wages must be huge, even at a reduced rate.

if we are to see an influx in players that could mean that ryan jarvis and hendo could be getting season loans, which is a good thing for the club and the players.

sean thornton was linked with us during jan, an attacking midfielder at doncaster after failing to make it at sunderland

darius henderson - good player and a target man, but would he want to leave watford?

greg halford - (again)

matt jarvis i believe is at gillingham and a scoring midfielder / winger

didnt know anything about shucker, but to my amusement found this

"Update 090802: Shuker has been the find of pre-season so far. Like Dickson Etuhu last season, he is the one who appears to have stormed into the first team reckoning this season. Kevin Keegan has made it clear that he is part of the first team squad now, although it''s to be hoped that this doesn''t go to his head like it did with Etuhu''s agent.
Fans song for Shuker: None yet." (www.fansfc.com) As a 5ft 5 forward he would certainly suit hoofball - cant see this one being possible with earnie unless he''s to be a winger!

dean lewington (dons) been linked before a possibility as cover for drury

keith foley - name rings a bell for cant find any info

joey gudjonsson - wages could be an issue, but a possibility bearing in mind villa''s takeover and new investment in the summer

agree with alot of the above, but:

"joey gudjonsson - wages could be an issue, but a possibility bearing in mind villa''s takeover and new investment in the summer"

he''s at leicester, not villa. joint top scorer with 9 goals. if he is on loan to leicester from villa, then i do appologise.

Yes I know even some of the rumours have some plausability, but a complete squad rebuild which is what is necessary, hopefully with a new manger, the new squad will be unlikely to mount a challenge for promotion and will cost money irrespective of wages, and no parachute after next season, with no or very little from sales financially we will be much worse off and in no financial state to accomodate a larger squad.

The future is particularly bleak unless someone can get our midfield recruits to resemble adequate players i.e. Hughes, Etuhu, Robinson.  I reiterate the future is bleak indeed.  If only we had some decent football to see would make it bearable. 

Chris Shuker is a right-mid as is Matt Jarvis. I think its Kevin Foley, the young Irish right back at Luton and since when is Hucks the toublemaker. I would be happy with Foley, Jones, Jarvis, Vaughan, Thornton and Henderson.

Lewis

Foley Jones Shackell Drury

Jarvis Thornton Safri Vaughan/Hucks

Henderson Earnie/Mcviegh

With reference to ''Citeeeeeeee'' boosting their squad size. I thought Dean Ashton certainly boosted his size, especially after the close-season, he had certainly gained a few metric tonne last August.......[pi]

Trimmed out a bit though - since turning out for ''Worst Ham''........

We are a thrifty ickle club, and will remain so for the forseeable future! I just can''t see us being any kind of force in this league next season. We had poor pre-season preparation, a wafer thin squad, clueless tactics, no confidence, bad and debatable team selections? etc, etc, etc. To cap it all.........we''ve deserved everything we''ve got this season and, I reckon the squad will not be any bigger come August 2006. [8-)] 

Chris Shuker is a right-mid as is Matt Jarvis. I think its Kevin Foley, the young Irish right back at Luton and since when is Hucks the toublemaker. I would be happy with Foley, Jones, Jarvis, Vaughan, Thornton and Henderson.

Lewis

Foley Jones Shackell Drury

Jarvis Thornton Safri Vaughan/Hucks

Henderson Earnie/Mcviegh

---------------------------------

Not a bad back 4, lots of youth, talent....but i can''t see worthy dropping pele.

I think I''d rather have Halford on the right, but like the look of the rest of the mid.

Henderson, McKenzie, Earnshaw, Mcveigh....nice....got a horrible feeling Johansson might be there too though.....or should he be added to the midfield nige?