Sign in to follow this  
A K Narey

15 years, more like 25

Our ascendancy over our friends down the road has lasted even longer than I thought.

Since October 1998, we have played them 30 times and have only lost on 5 occasions.

Pride of Anglia - no doubt about it!

OTBC 😁

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, A K Narey said:

Our ascendancy over our friends down the road has lasted even longer than I thought.

Since October 1998, we have played them 30 times and have only lost on 5 occasions.

Pride of Anglia - no doubt about it!

OTBC 😁

I shared with a friend that we played our arch-rivals yesterday and won, so it's now been 15 years since they've beaten us.

His response was, "15 years? Is that even a rivalry anymore?"

Add this to your comment and I believe the answer is a firm NO. In fact, has it ever been a rivalry?

Edited by CirclePoint

Just now, CirclePoint said:

I shared with a friend that we played our arch-rivals yesterday and won, so it's now been 15 years since they've been us.

His response was, "15 years? Is that even a rivalry anymore?"

Add this to your comment and I believe the answer is a firm NO. In fact, has it ever been a rivalry?

For the last two seasons, you'd have had a lot grumbling at a 1-0 home win against anyone else. Instead, everyone's as happy as if we'd won the league. That's definitely a rivalry, even if it hasn't been a very even one for a while.

My feeling is that it has been bad for both clubs that we've spent so many seasons out of the same league. Would everyone have got so depressed about our relegations from the Premier League if our Championship seasons had included the Ipswich fixtures? Personally, I doubt it.

And the binners still look good contenders for automatic promotion, which makes the idea of us not being promoted this season look even less attractive to me, although if Ipswich are promoted without us then 15 years is just going to keep growing by default! Every cloud has a silver lining.