Sign in to follow this  
JonnyJonnyRowe

Where is the statement from the club?

It's a good measured response . 

Have to say I've loved some the Employment Contract stuff on this thread especially from some of self appointed heavy hitters. I love the idea that a contract magically changes when someone resigns. Maybe I'll employ you on some the cases i've got on my desk. It all seems much easier than I thought 

7 hours ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

Norwich City Football Club note the comments made in a recent media interview with the Eastern Daily Press by the club’s former sporting director, Stuart Webber.

The club would like to make it clear that some of the comments in this interview do not in any way reflect the wider views of the football club.

Following publication of the interview, club representatives have focused on speaking directly with Abu Kamara and Jonathan Rowe to understand their concerns and offer support. The club are also in the process of reaching out to the other named players, whilst also engaging in dialogue with Kick It Out.

Norwich City is a home for everyone. We remain committed in our work across equality, diversity and inclusion to create an environment where all can feel welcome and valued.

We will continue to work with The FA, Kick It Out and other authorities to help deliver a culture of inclusivity and belonging for our supporters, players and staff

That use of “some” in the first line is pretty feeble.

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Shef, I simpy don't see how the club can survive...

Yes, I am afraid I do rather think you are over-egging the (Yorkshire...) pudding here! And also making some assumptions about who knew what, or who should have known this, that and the other.

And I still do not see that this is damaging to the club, because I have yet to see anyone out there taking what Webber said as showing the club in a bad light. No-one out there is suggesting Norwich City has been guilty of racial stereotyping.

Even if Webber is still technically an employee - and this seems debatable - no-one out there is treating him as such. As A Load of Squit has pointed out, the FA not only do not regard Webber as being still connected to Norwich City, they don't even regard him as being currently connected to football in general.

I meant to add that since Webber is climbing to raise money for charity he might do well to diivert an amount towards Kick It Out or a similar body.

Still argue however, no matter how much I have over-egged the pudding, poor corporate governance has caused this particular problem. Webber should have been legally silenced. I was when I left my role at a company in similar circumstances, and it is normal in many industries. 

As others have ruminated, the current majority shareholders running such a public company ostensibly on trust, is always (yes always) going to be tested at some point, invariably leading to a major governance issue. 

As it has! 

• Like 2

On 25/03/2024 at 22:46, shefcanary said:

Webber should have been legally silenced. 

He handed in his notice though didn't he, so served his notice period (or finishes serving it in 4 days).

No basis upon which the club can insist on an NDA, think it was obvious that McNally had one but he left with a financial settlement.

I just think it says a lot about the man that he is willing to continually risk making his own wife's job more difficult if it means he is given a platform, by tolerating that and not kicking him into the long grass she doesn't look like a powerful and successful woman in business but a bit of a doormat, I'm afraid to say.