Sign in to follow this  
MC_NCFC

Sainz is the left sided Emi

The more he settles, the better he plays and his style is becoming more and more Buendia. He’s combative, he could run, he can shoot and score and he’s full of fire.

He just needs to gain that eye for a pass that Emi had and we then have a carbon copy. 

I have to say our recruitment is so random. One moment we pick gems and others Danny Batth.

Emi definitely had a much better through ball, for the likes of Pukki to get on the end of. But I think Sainz has more pace, different players but he does very much remind me of Emi, and that's not a bad thing!

• Like 1

I think they're slightly different players but the comparisons are obvious. Sainz has a way to go to emulate Buendia though... having said that, he's got real quality and we should enjoy having him.

Posted (edited)

His touch and willingness to drive with the ball, and how he evades tackles is Buendia-esque, however his workrate isn't quite at Buendia's level (absolutely no shame in that, Buendia was a terrier out of possession when the penny finally dropped) and I don't think his technique is either (can't see Sainz ever pulling off THAT ball Buendia flicked to Pukki against Hull) but the key part of Buendia's game was his ability to pick an incisive ball to a striker surging on. Sainz doesn't have that in his locker to anywhere near the same extent as Buendia and might at the moment even be a shade behind a Vrancic or Stiepermann.

Sainz is a better dribbler than both those two though, although Stiepi certainly had his moments when dribbling forward.

EDIT: I'd actually say Sainz reminds me of a hybrid of Buendia, Wes and Stiepi.

Edited by TheGunnShow