Have you actually read the article? Show me the bit where Hughes mentions that we are heading for the play-offs. Infact show me where the word play-off appears anywhere in the article...

Well thats the journalists fault as the phrase "We''ll keep chasing our dream " doesnt appear anywhere either in the actual article. To be honest I cant see Hughes referring to the play-offs at all, and to be quite honest he doesnt even hint at it either. But nevermind.

What about this passage, it looks like a bit of a hint to me.....

"Cardiff, five points ahead of Norwich in eighth spot, picked up a win against Plymouth at the weekend but that gap could be closed when the two teams meet in the penultimate game of the season - it''s to be hoped that the Canaries still have everything to play for by then. Hughes was certainly remaining optimistic, he said: “You never say never. We are going to stay positive and keep going there''s no doubt about that"

[quote user="Paul Aldrich"]

What about this passage, it looks like a bit of a hint to me.....

"Cardiff, five points ahead of Norwich in eighth spot, picked up a win against Plymouth at the weekend but that gap could be closed when the two teams meet in the penultimate game of the season - it''s to be hoped that the Canaries still have everything to play for by then. Hughes was certainly remaining optimistic, he said: “You never say never. We are going to stay positive and keep going there''s no doubt about that"[/quote]

Well the first part of that is what the journalist wrote. All of which I have put in bold is from the Journalist. The last sentence: -

You never say never. We are going to stay positive and keep going there''s no doubt about that

Hughes was obviously asked whether we could make the play-offs. Enlighten me, whats he supposed to say? "Actually sod the rest of the season, lets all keep fresh for our summer holidays, cant be swimming with a pulled hammy now can we?"

If I can go back to the first post, I quote "This must be about the 10th time this season that we have turned the corner and are heading straight for the play-offs!"

So tell me how "You never say never. We are going to stay positive and keep going there''s no doubt about that"  equates to someone telling us we are heading straight for the play-offs?