Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Acts of Heroism

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Given the utterly miserable state of affairs in the UK and the world generally, perhaps it's worth reminding ourselves of the acts of decency and heroism of which human beings are capable. This one is quite astonishing:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1748651699625951666

Incredibly quick reaction. Many people would just freeze. I wonder if the driver has been caught?

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

Incredibly quick reaction. Many people would just freeze. I wonder if the driver has been caught?

What impresses me is that his immediate instinct was to save the boy, not preserve his own life by standing where he was. That speaks of a genuine heroic character.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Well if the comments are correct it seems a bit harsh to prosecute a driver for taking part in a safety education video.

Which begs the question,   which is the fake news, the tweet that presents this as real or the website that assesses it as staged?

https://fakenews.pl/en/general/heroic-action-at-the-pedestrian-crossing-is-a-video-montage/

On another thread  there is a brief discussion about twitter and how content and comment on  it should be treated.  Are accusations of fake news doing an injustice to a genuine hero? Is this a fairly benign example of how people dont think (or don't care, its clicks either way) before hitting post?  Is twitter just evil?

Edited by Barbe bleu

59 minutes ago, horsefly said:

What impresses me is that his immediate instinct was to save the boy, not preserve his own life by standing where he was. That speaks of a genuine heroic character.

And lots of people just drove on past despite no doubt seeing the car

54 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And lots of people just drove on past despite no doubt seeing the car

Oh I think I must have seen something  different.   There's only one car other than the one with the dash cam in the video I saw.  Perhaps it's not fake news.