Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy

ONE THAT GOT AWAY

I was watching the Leicester v Sunderland game last night on TV and came to the conclusion that it is time the FA and the Refs Assoc  got together and sort out the obvious time wasting,feigning injury to stop the game and the blatant cheating that is becoming more and more evident in the game.
The one that got away?
Well that would be Patrick Roberts.No idea why he fell out of favour with Farke but every time I have seen him he has impressed me with his ability and yet he hardly had a look in at Norwich.Much as Onel tries he isnt a patch on Roberts  

5 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I was watching the Leicester v Sunderland game last night on TV and came to the conclusion that it is time the FA and the Refs Assoc  got together and sort out the obvious time wasting,feigning injury to stop the game and the blatant cheating that is becoming more and more evident in the game.
The one that got away?
Well that would be Patrick Roberts.No idea why he fell out of favour with Farke but every time I have seen him he has impressed me with his ability and yet he hardly had a look in at Norwich.Much as Onel tries he isnt a patch on Roberts  

Roberts belonged to Man City. He was never our player to lose.

It didn't work out for him here. Or at Boro after that, or some French League 2 side following that.

From what was rumoured (take it with a pinch of salt of course) it was claimed Roberts had a pretty stinking attitude and a rather "I'm from Man City I'm a wonderkid I'm going places and you're just a small club and a stepping stone for me" kind of way about him. Farke then picked up on this. According to Farke Roberts was just "unhappy with not getting game time" which does sound rather familiar to what we have heard from players like Cantwell and Drmic when it comes to players just walking in and expecting to get played all the time without showing any effort or appriciation.

23 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Roberts belonged to Man City. He was never our player to lose.

It didn't work out for him here. Or at Boro after that, or some French League 2 side following that.

Thats as maybe but I was just pointing out that the lad has some ability which it would appear is lacking in a few of our current squad

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

From what was rumoured (take it with a pinch of salt of course) it was claimed Roberts had a pretty stinking attitude and a rather "I'm from Man City I'm a wonderkid I'm going places and you're just a small club and a stepping stone for me" kind of way about him. Farke then picked up on this. According to Farke Roberts was just "unhappy with not getting game time" which does sound rather familiar to what we have heard from players like Cantwell and Drmic when it comes to players just walking in and expecting to get played all the time without showing any effort or appriciation.

I did hear that rumour but if Pyro Pete is correct he should perhaps have stayed as he missed out on a couple of promotions which might have helped in his quest for great things.