Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

Leeds & Boro thoughts and Wagner...

First of all can anyone remember a Norwich manager who was worse than Wagner at making in game changes to see out a game? every time he makes a change to tighten things up, we get worse and ultimately end up loosing points it seems. I'd like to see the stats on this, from a winning position and after the subs. 

Leeds thoughts, I actually thought for 65/70 mins we mixed it and in parts had control of the game with one of the best teams in the league, albeit giving up chances which is always going to happen when you look at their attacking threat. The front 6 they had on at the end was outrageous for this league. Playing out from the back was effective whilst also stressful to watch, it worked and we looked good going up the pitch. 

Taking off Hernandez and bringing on Springett was absolutely criminal IMO, Hernandez wasn't always in the game, but god did he give Archie Gray something to think about and a tough game for the young lad, ran him ragged at times.
Summerville was clearly their most dangerous player, a threat throughout but I thought Stacy and Rowe done a pretty good job of doubling up and limiting his influence, Springett comes on and Rowe switches wings and the problems star and Summerville has acres of space for the rest of the game. 
Hwang is just dire, at the moment he's the equivalent to RVW's left foot, Idah wasn't as bad as normal (we aren't talking high standards). 

Gibbs gave us energy, Mclean decent enough and energy in the middle, Giannoulis was very good I thought. So result aside, some decent performances, Sara as usual just a cut above the rest, pure class. If we would have won that game, everyone would have been believing again (If my auntie has balls etc etc etc) deserved at least a draw. 

Would I be disappointed if Wagner got the boot, not at all, I actually think we have a decent enough squad to be 6th / 8th or so, we just need a manager who can add that extra 10/20% to the squad, a bit like that lot down the road dare I say it, we have a bang average manager who has had 1 good run as a manager in his career and that was a long time ago, didn't even win the league with Young Boys in the swiss league which is usually a given. 

If we loose against Boro, I think he should be shown the door, the away form is dreadful and 1 win in 9 (if we loose tomorrow) obviously that wont be getting us promoted, if we win well...you just know there is another Plymouth style result not too far around the corner with Wagner in charge sadly. Sunderland after that which is another tough one. 

In summary, I think with Wagner at the wheel, we are heading to a bang average season with 6 or 7 meaningless games at the end of it. 

6 minutes ago, urdie_Canary said:

First of all can anyone remember a Norwich manager who was worse than Wagner at making in game changes to see out a game? every time he makes a change to tighten things up, we get worse and ultimately end up loosing points it seems. I'd like to see the stats on this, from a winning position and after the subs. 

Leeds thoughts, I actually thought for 65/70 mins we mixed it and in parts had control of the game with one of the best teams in the league, albeit giving up chances which is always going to happen when you look at their attacking threat. The front 6 they had on at the end was outrageous for this league. Playing out from the back was effective whilst also stressful to watch, it worked and we looked good going up the pitch. 

Taking off Hernandez and bringing on Springett was absolutely criminal IMO, Hernandez wasn't always in the game, but god did he give Archie Gray something to think about and a tough game for the young lad, ran him ragged at times.
Summerville was clearly their most dangerous player, a threat throughout but I thought Stacy and Rowe done a pretty good job of doubling up and limiting his influence, Springett comes on and Rowe switches wings and the problems star and Summerville has acres of space for the rest of the game. 
Hwang is just dire, at the moment he's the equivalent to RVW's left foot, Idah wasn't as bad as normal (we aren't talking high standards). 

Gibbs gave us energy, Mclean decent enough and energy in the middle, Giannoulis was very good I thought. So result aside, some decent performances, Sara as usual just a cut above the rest, pure class. If we would have won that game, everyone would have been believing again (If my auntie has balls etc etc etc) deserved at least a draw. 

Would I be disappointed if Wagner got the boot, not at all, I actually think we have a decent enough squad to be 6th / 8th or so, we just need a manager who can add that extra 10/20% to the squad, a bit like that lot down the road dare I say it, we have a bang average manager who has had 1 good run as a manager in his career and that was a long time ago, didn't even win the league with Young Boys in the swiss league which is usually a given. 

If we loose against Boro, I think he should be shown the door, the away form is dreadful and 1 win in 9 (if we loose tomorrow) obviously that wont be getting us promoted, if we win well...you just know there is another Plymouth style result not too far around the corner with Wagner in charge sadly. Sunderland after that which is another tough one. 

In summary, I think with Wagner at the wheel, we are heading to a bang average season with 6 or 7 meaningless games at the end of it. 

Be careful with those comments. You’ll be accused of entitlement when expecting better results by folk on here. 

I am fed up with some of his comments after performances which are solely down to his decision making. For instance, the club website quotes him as saying we have to be more consistent. Now call me an old fool but isn't that what makes a good team? But I think there is general consensus that his second half substitutions were bizarre and seriously weakened the team. I feel sorry for Springett as its not his fault but he doesn't look a Championship player. certainly not a player to be brought on to help stem the Leeds tide.

Idah is not the answer up front as his "offside" miss, after the Coventry miss showed. But he is far more of a problem to the opposition than Hwang.

And why was Sainz not played from the start or given a go in the second half at least?

Stacey had been getting joy down their left but was left exposed time after time.

Rowe needs a good talking to. Twice during the game he lost the ball, thought he should have had a free kick, sulked when he didn't and proceeded to thump the ground. We used to get angry when Emi sulked and he was our best player.

Sara does all his best things in and around the opposition goal. He has scored three goals recently when he has pushed forward. Yet Wagner expects him to run from box to box supplying passes and scoring goals. No. We want him as the luxury who can turn a game. Let someone else do the chasing for him. We have Nunez, Gibbs (who was out No10?), Fassnacht.

We have conceded 22 goals at nearly two a game and yet the defence never changes. I know midfield problems are not helping shore up the defence but surely 22 goals has to illustrate that their are problems. We have McCallum, Fisher, Batth and Warner and yet McCallum gets a cameo now and again.

All this is down to the coach not the players. I know he cannot do anything about silliness like Leeds first goal but the tactics and style and composition and formation of the team are down to him.

• Like 1

I think as much as some folk (myself included) look on the pessimistic side - I think it’s entirely plausible that keeping Wagner in charge lands us in the relegation battle this season 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, S_81 said:

I think as much as some folk (myself included) look on the pessimistic side - I think it’s entirely plausible that keeping Wagner in charge lands us in the relegation battle this season 

I wouldn't say a relegation battle, as we clearly have talent like Sara, Rowe, Stacey etc but as it stands it will be a rollercoaster of a ride if we are to get into the playoffs 

7 hours ago, urdie_Canary said:

I wouldn't say a relegation battle, as we clearly have talent like Sara, Rowe, Stacey etc but as it stands it will be a rollercoaster of a ride if we are to get into the playoffs 

But will we have after Jan?